what's going on?

sashaleigh

Reaction score
hey everyone.. I am currently 36 weeks pregnant. I have had a horrible pain in my kidneys for quite a while now and about a month ago went to the doctors and got given antibiotics for a bladder infection. I finished the course but was still in so much pain so on Friday i went back and was given a different course and was told if it hasn't cleared up by Monday the i should go back. I still feel rubbish, horrible kidney pain, nausea, fever and feel faint constantly! i was just wondering if anyone else has had this or whether it can harm my baby in any way? I've heard it can cause pre term labour :( thank you x

Not the same but I had a chest infection at 33 weeks and ended up being admitted to hospital to get antibiotics through an iv drip. Altogether it took three courses of antibiotics to clear it up and even then it still lingered for a while after. I also felt sick and had a temp etc it was awful. Pregnancy defiantly makes things worse for us - our immune systems may as well be non existing! I have a history of bladder and kidney infections, it sounds more like it may have developed into a kidney infection? Im sure baby will be fine but I'd defo go back to the doctors though hun and see what they suggest next, I hope it clears up soon for you :) xx

I'd defo go back to Drs cause something is obviously not right and the anti d's don't seem to have worked. I have also read that water infections can cause pre term labour but I don't think it harms baby. Not 100% sure though so I'd get yourself back for more checks. Our bodies literally only care about the baby at the min so takes us so much longer to get over things :-( hope you start to feel better soon xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back