Whats going on? Labour started?

Discussion in 'Ask a Mum!' started by Tiggy26, Jan 22, 2008.

1. Tiggy26

Tiggy26 Well-Known Member

Just wondered if anyone else has had this?

Sunday night I had a bath, half hour after coming out of the bath I went to the toilet and there was a bit of pinkish blood on the tissue, I put a pad on just in case & kept checking every 30 mins. After 2 hours there was a bit more pinkish blood on the tissue (nothing on pad) on both occasions it was a very small amount so diddnt want to panic too much at this point.

Anyway yesturday I called the midwife just to double check I had nothing to worry about & she said that as long as bleeding diddnt continue everything seems fine, my mucus plug has started to come away & again she said thats fine as it can still be weeks but again to keep a close eye on things.

Since calling my midwife yesturday, from about 2.30pm I had been getting period pains (at times quite strong but not strong enough to take parecetamol) I said to my OH i thought it might be the start? but we will see how it goes e.t.c I had a couple of contractions/branston hicks but the timing was random.

All last night I was tossing & turning in bed from the uncomfortable feeling down below, at this point it really does feel as though im about to start my period & my OH said I was moaning all night due to the discomfort. My lady bits also hurt a bit. This morning I wake up and again on & off still to this point I feel uncomfortable due to period pain, ive had no more discharge, no other symptoms but i just cant get my head round what the problem could be.

If anyone has any idea please post your comments.

Thanks

T xx

2. Gemma & Jake

Gemma & Jake Well-Known Member

I'm not sure but maybe you should ring your MW again to see what she thinks :D

3. andreag

andreag Well-Known Member

I agree you should contact your midwife for advice as yiu shouldn't be in pain. :hug: :hug:

4. trixipaws

trixipaws Well-Known Member

i had "period pains" 2 days before i gave birth which turned out to be "effacing pains" and it was in fact pre-labour. but ur only 33 weeks arent u hun i would call ur MW u shouldnt be getting them pains now :hug: