What's everyone looking forward to .....

Parma ham?!?? I had this the orher night for tea?!
I cooked a stuffed chicken breast with parma ham!!

And the night before chirizzo saysage with spagettii carbonara!!!!

:shock:

Why cant we eat it?!

According to the NHS website, some countries recommend not eating cured meats due to the risk of listeria but the UK doesn't bother recommending this as the risk is so low. However, sounds like you'll be fine anyway because you cooked them into a meal. Pepperoni pizza, for example, is fine because it's cooked through, but some places recommend not to eat it raw.

I think if you've got to this stage of your pregnancy and you're fine, I wouldn't worry about it too much!

Didn't know about McDonald's milkshakes though, had one at the weekend, I love them.

If the eggs are lion stamped, then chickens have been vaccinated against salmonella so what's the problem?

Well starbucks frappès and maccy ds milkhakes i live on haha! So uhhh...oops! X

I have to admit, I haven't avoided anything food wise :shock:

I don't like prawns, but I've had a few breaded Camembert things, I've been for coffee & don't get me started on the amount of mcflurries I've had!! :|

I had a massive craving for salami at one point and I loved pâté on crackers too!!

..now I feel terrible! Poor bebe!

xxx

I want pate on toast with really finely chopped onions on the top!

Nuts (incl peanuts) are fine to have unless there is an allergy or sensitivity to them in the family and goats cheese is fine if pasturised as I am eating loads.

A nice big chilled glass of wine or a JD & coke and a McDonalds strawberry milkshake :) My midwife told me peanuts are fine to eat now as there is no evidence to suggest otherwise xx

What's the no no with milkshakes from mcd? Iv been having them?

A huge chunk of smelly blue cheese and a bucket of red wine!!!

A glass of Disaronno Amaretto with ice. Also I have a bottle of Orange Baileys in my fridge which was limited edition at Christmas. Its the flavour Ive looked out for for ages and they bring it out the year Im pregnant. Also brie and a big cheesecake from a restraunt.

A massive rare steak and a glass of red wine!!

McFlurrys are fine btw, just checked the McDonald's website and all the milk they use in everything is pasturised :)

a nice cold pint of beer... or 5!

bit of a ladette!

I can't wait to sleep on my belly!!!

McDonald's flurry/milkshakes aren't pasteurised but I have had 1 or 2!

Looking forward to a glass of wine too! Xx

Tapatalking. X

Oh to sleep on my belly! I'm really missing that too and I'm only 14 weeks too! xxx

I've not avoided anything except pate & alcohol (in my eyes that's the only proven dangerous thing with the vit A content!) So I'm dying for some pate on toast. And red wine, I just hope my tastes return to normal.

Don't get the avoid McDonald's thing. Everything they use is pasteurized (how would the FSA say they couldn't!) And all mcflurry/milkshake machines are fully cleaned through and sterilized daily? I know a lot of people who work there who confirmed this and my BIL is a regional manager for them. He pissed himself laughing when I told him I couldn't eat them and quickly set me straight!

Can anyone explain where this roumer came from? There must be something somewhere explaining it!

Really fancy eggs & soldiers for breakfast now :p yum!

Xx

I've not avoided anything except pate & alcohol (in my eyes that's the only proven dangerous thing with the vit A content!) So I'm dying for some pate on toast. And red wine, I just hope my tastes return to normal.

Don't get the avoid McDonald's thing. Everything they use is pasteurized (how would the FSA say they couldn't!) And all mcflurry/milkshake machines are fully cleaned through and sterilized daily? I know a lot of people who work there who confirmed this and my BIL is a regional manager for them. He pissed himself laughing when I told him I couldn't eat them and quickly set me straight!

Can anyone explain where this roumer came from? There must be something somewhere explaining it!

Xx

I think it's more the soft whip ice creams that you'd get from an ice cream van because you don't know how good the hygiene of that particular machine is. Obviously McDonalds isn't so bad because they do have proper standards and cleaning procedures in place, that have to be followed to the letter. It's like being more cautious when you order takeaway or when you grab something on the go from a "mobile vendor" (burger van!), because you never know how good their hygiene is and whether the food is kept and cooked properly - yes, these places will both be checked regularly, but it doesn't mean that every day is the same as inspection day! Lol I think if I'd stuck to everything I've been told, I wouldn't be able to eat anything or anywhere!!

Xx

I have definetly heard about not being allowed McDonalds milkshakes and McFlurry's but I dont actually like McDonalds anyway so hasn't bothered me. Well untill now LOL as I want a milkshake. It is the same as the Mr Whippy ice-cream idea. Guess it might be because of the whole machine thing but I don't know. In honesty its like anything its a very small chance of problems if someone doesnt wash/sterilise something exactly you could encounter a problem.

As others have said if you took all information to heart you would have one very limited diet.

I'm looking forward to not feeling so irrationally hormonal
Not sure if that day will ever return though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back