What would you do??

Discussion in 'First Trimester' started by xJodieLoux, Nov 19, 2007.

1. xJodieLoux

xJodieLoux Well-Known Member

I'm going away on wednesday for a week, I'm wondering wether to tell my mum before I go or after? What would you do?

2. DaisyRose

DaisyRose Well-Known Member

Hi,

I think it really depends on what kind of relationship you have with your Mum. I'm really lucky to have a good relationship with my Mum - on my previous 3 pregnancies I told her pretty much straight away but I must say, I held back a week with this one because of what happened last time (I was going to wait until 8 weeks but obviously have no willpower).

I definitely think you should follow your heart on this one.

3. xJodieLoux

xJodieLoux Well-Known Member

I told her, I do have a really good relationship with her and she is very supportive. She didnt say much really, she said shes not telling my dad yet for a few weeks, not because he will be unhappy about it because he was really happy last time, but he gets really upset when things go wrong and he will be worrying etc. I will let my mum judge when is a good time to tell him. I wont tell him because I feel embarrased, it's like telling him I've been having lots of sex or something :oops:

4. CharlieOne

CharlieOne Well-Known Member

Aww Bless, Dont worry when i did tell my parants thats all i could think of them knowing i had to have had sex for it to hapen! Its silly really isnt it, i hope things go well for you sweetheart and im sure your mum will tell your dad when the time is right and he'll be over the moon for you! :hug: