What worked for you?

lillou

Reaction score
Did you use any stretch mark cream / oils during your pregnancy? if you did what was it and did it work?

early days for me yet but seen a thread in 2nd tri so thought id ask :D

I used Sanctuary Mum to be cream- and it didn't work! Found Pregnacare quite effective. I think that Bio Oil seems to be the best - although I didn't use it.

i didn't use anything in the end, my MW told me that it wouldn't really make much difference, as its all to do with the makeup of your skin...

They are kind of something if you're going to get you'll get regardless of creams/oils :hug: However, I'd recommend Bio Oil for itchy bumps as when you get bigger and stretch you may well itch. :hug: :hug: :hug:

i used palmers and i believe it worked because i didnt get one single stretchmark on my belly even tho i had like a 44 inch bump (i was a size 6 before so thats a lot of growth! lol)
but i didnt think to put any on my boobs and altho they grew from B to DD cups it wasnt as much as my belly grew, but i still got some little ones on my boobs. thats why i think its the cream.

I didn't use anything on mine at all apart from a regular moisturiser I always use when I get out the bath/shower and I didn't get any stretch marks at all. This is kinda strange considering my body is covered in them everywhere else from rapid growth as a teenager! Personally I don't think anything will stop you getting them if you are meant to get them, although you might be able to minimise the effects so they are not as widespread or dark in appearance. But then everyone has their own opinion on this and I don't think there's any kind of medical facts to support one theory or another. Just wish and hope for the best!

I used bio oil and cocoa butter and they done nothing for me, i had loads of stretch marks by 13 weeks. My friends MW told her it depends on your skin type, some people get them and some dont. They are starting to lessen now though after 10 months!!

I used nothing first pregnancy and got loads, second time round i'm using body butter and bio oil to avoid getting any more :lol:

I agree that its to do with your skin make up

But i thought im better of using it than not lol so i put it on a handful of times the whole way through..but i didnt get a single one and like trixipaws said i was tiny and had a huuuge bump..

Good luck :pray:

i dont think the creams work. i used them all last time and got lots of stretch marks, but i used the bio oil to make them fade quicker.

this time im not using any thing and ive not got any :?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back