What will you do differently?

naomi88

Reaction score
Hi ladies

Currently 11dpo and after what I think was an evap yesterday I had a :bfn: this morning. Initially felt very gutted but am trying to distract myself by thinking about what I will be doing differently next month.

So... wondered what/if you would be doing anything different in your next cycle?

I tried a relaxed approach this cycle - bd every other day cd8 -16 with conceive plus but no opks.
Next cycle I am thinking of using opks in case I bd later than I think (I guessed this month based on when I used to ov and using fertility apps). Also thinking of using soft cups as well as conceive plus as think that helped me conceive my dd.

Toying with the idea of smep too instead of every other day.

What about you? :)
Xxx

This month we've tried OPKs, temping and C+ - I thought I was 1DPO today from temps but they went back down this morning and this afternoon I got my positive OPK.
I think next month if not successful this month going to try EPO again, although I took it on and off last cycle and ovulated around 2/3 days early. Plus drinking more water.
Kind of stuck to SMEP but don't think we will be able to BD tomorrow.

Part of me thinks it's all down to luck some months, the month I had my chemical we didn't do anything apart from an OPK and we only DTD on CD 9 and 12.

Last edited:
Definitely think luck plays a huge part. The month I conceived my daughter I didn't use opks and we dtd once! Previous to that I'd tried smep, every day, every other day and various other combinations and had no luck bar a few chemicals and a mc.
I kind of like feeling like I've done everything possible, although that can make it harder to swallow when you get a bfn.

How have you found temping? Xxx

Found temping really easy, and a bit geeky but really interesting to read about aswell and how much you can tell from temping. Also taking Boots Folic acid and vit D combo.
Out of all of the different methods, I like temping and OPK the most, easy to use and I like to see the double pink lines even if it's not on a pregnancy test!

Haha yeh I'm kind of missing the opks this month. Although gets frustrating trying to time wees/drinks around it.

Might look into temping if we don't have any luck next month! Hoping I won't need to though ;-)

What point in your cycle are you? xxx

Today is CD15, planning to test at 12/13 DPO but know full well I'll try and cheapie at 10DPO.

I like temping and Fertility Friend is a good app to record them on, prefer it to Ovia which hasn't got a pretty little graph, either that or I can't find it!

Yeh I've got fertility friend and always see the temping charts but am just so lazy that I haven't looked into it properly.

Haha I said this cycle I wasn't going to test til af was late and ended up testing 10dpo. I have no willpower!!! 12dpo now and didn't test today and going to try and hold out til Saturday to test again.

Good luck this cycle! Xxx

Well this month I used opks which were great, and we dtd LOADS around ov day (I'm talking 7 times in 3 days!!) If this month is unsuccessful then next month I'm doing the opposite...every other day throughout the month. I've also just ordered some conceive plus and, er, I might try the tip on the ttc tips thread *blush*

Haha I just had a look at that thread after seeing your comment - willing to give anything a go so may try that too!!! ;-) good luck for this month - how long til your af is due? Xx

Oh my god, I already did that once this cycle :blush:

I think what I'll do differently is use more of C+, I didn't really speak to my hubby about it, just bought the stuff and told him we need to use that instead of anything else, we've only used it when things feel dry and didn't use much on any of those times, I'll need to explain to him that its a good idea to use it each and every time! x

AF due on Monday but I feel completely different to how I felt before my CP in Nov/Dec. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing though!

Only just realised that other lubes are bad for ttc...duh!! And dh has low sperm count too. I don't expect C+ to be a miracle cure but I'm sure it will help :)

Hey ladies!!
I used OPK last month they were great as my cycle are all over the place however AF came which I was disappointed with. Now on cycle 3 TTC and I'm going with the advice of the Nhs website. Did two to three times a week and relax. I'm finding the relaxing thing a bit tricky. I'm trying my best to forget!

My ovia app today gave me a sex tidbit 'having an orgasm can slightly increase your odds of conceiving. That's because orgasmic muscle spasms can help move sperm up the vaginal canal to the uterus'

Convenient timing ovia, haha! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back