what were your cycles like after a mc?

catswiskers

Reaction score
I lost our precious rainbow baby on the 31st may at 12 weeks.
I assume I had a pretty straight forward mc and it all happened so quickly. I bled very lightly for a couple of weeks but I haven't had my first af yet so I was just wondering what your af was like after a mc?

My cycles were messed up for months, the actual af wasn't much different from normal when it did finally arrive. After my first mc my cycle never returned and I had to get a bleed induced, then my cycles were erratic for months. After my second mc we waited about 10 weeks and still no sign of my cycle returning so again I needed a bleed inducing as we were waiting to start treatment. Most ladies do get back to normal faster than I did, I think combined with my pcos made things worse.

All mine went back to normal, i just had heavier bleeding the first af afterwards, but I didn't have any pain which wasn't normal for me.
Everyone's body takes it differently, I hope your able to continue your ttc journey soon.
Sorry for your loss :( xx

Mine was similar to peanuts, I bled heavier and longer than I normally do, and my cycle was initially longer but went back to normal from the period following that. I'd wait another couple of weeks and if you essential miss another period then I'd go see your gp in case you need a bleed induced. I hope not and it's just your body taking longer to regulate. So sorry about your rainbow :hug: xxx

I had a MC at 10 weeks. I had a severe haemorrhage and then took a couple of weeks to loose all the tissue so a different situation . It took another couple of weeks to get a BFN and as soon as I did I got a positive OPK. I was still spotting until I got heavier bleeding a week later which seems to have been my period. It was very heavy and lasted 10 days. My periods are usually light and last 3 days. My next cycle was longer than normal but I was also still breastfeeding some so that could have been the cause. The cycle after that was back to 28 days. My next couple of periods were still a bit heavier and longer than normal. Finally 5 months after my MC my periods seemed totally normal again and interestingly thats the month I got pregnant.

Last edited:
I'm sorry for your loss :( I mc'd at 6 weeks ish, so a lot earlier. But my cycle took about 7 weeks to come back, but they were irregular before so I'm not sure if that made a difference. It was also really light and short, which isn't normal for me. The next one was 8 weeks later, which felt completely normal. My most recent one was 31 days and really light, so I'm not sure I'm back to normal even now, almost 5 months on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back