What went wrong? Pregnant girlfriend left me

Tobyjuggler

Reaction score
I am distraught, my partner and I planned a baby I have two kids 15 and 17 from a wife who died young, my partner who suffers depression and is query bipolar has 3 who are 7,13 and 17 from previous relationship.
As we live about 60 miles apart the plan was to buy a bigger house (she currently rents) using solely my money and all live together but not until about June next year to allow my son to complete his exams at the school he’s been in since starting senior school.
Both my kids are pretty studious and just get on with work see friends etc whilst hers although nice each have issues, one regarding lack of concentration ?adhd another under the help of CAMHS due to ? Suicide attempt and behaviour issues at school resulting in expelling and the eldest who simply didn’t attend school since 15 as he felt it was a waste of time and teachers not showing him respect!
Anyway since becoming pregnant (planned)he has since bought a reptile, a bull terrier moved his girlfriend in and now got her pregnant and my partner said she hoped he would move out soon but couldn’t promise it.
Due to this I told her that because the situation has changed I felt that he had made the situation impossible and we have had several quarrels over this matter over the period of about 6 weeks she then text to say we’re not getting on and need a break and she’d keep me up to date as “best she could”re pregnancy.
This was after several nice days together and at 24 weeks pregnant and although we didn’t argue much 85% of any arguments were around her children and their school/behaviour where she would draw me in for my opinion as her partner.
I feel so sad as we have not communicated now in five weeks and just want to be a great dad again I’m unsure if any type of therapy would maybe help.
Thank you and sorry it’s long post

I meant to say we were in a relationship for two years and genuinely got on well other than the discussions re kids

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back