What week did your sickness kick in?

Discussion in 'First Trimester' started by MsKittyCat, Apr 20, 2016.

1. MsKittyCat

MsKittyCat Well-Known Member

For me with my daughter it was around 6 weeks and lasted until around 12, I just had awful heartburn and dizziness after that, spring onions were my worst nightmare lol. I'm just under 6 weeks and had the odd bout of feeling sicky but only lasted a couple of hours in the morning.
    I've heard lots of stories of ladies not being sick at all, my partners sister had a bot and girl and no sickness with either.
    Other than pregnancy sickness, i'm feeling rough with a cold today! I'm very lucky i work from home as i can work when i feel a bit better later on hopefully!

Cat x

2. KeelyT90

KeelyT90 Well-Known Member

Good Morning Cat!
    I was feeling really nauseous from around 5 and half weeks on & off. Week 6 the nausea was so intense and lasted all day. From week 7+5 I got some anti sickness bands, they have kept the nausea at bay and once I take them off at night I am physically sick once or twice because of brushing teeth before bed. I am 8 + 3 now.

If I am anything like last time, I wont stop all the way through. Last pregnancy I had evening sickness (backwards, I know) and by week 28 I was in hospital on drips through dehydration & 3 pluses of ketones in my waters.

With the evening sickness, I think a pattern is forming, I hope to god it's not like last time though x

3. Jacko

Jacko Well-Known Member

Mine has kicked in horrendously !!!! About 5 days now!!!
    Feeling horrific xx

4. MsKittyCat

Hiya! Gosh that sounds awful Keely to have it that bad. Do you think maybe you were reacting to something in your diet? I went off all sorts when i was pregnant with my daughter, the smell of tea which i love made me gag. But i also know it is a high histamine food and also the tanning is bad for iron absorption, so i guess my body knew better than me at the time. x

5. MsKittyCat

Thats probably where i am now then, I'm ok so far, other than an awful cold! x

6. xxSparklesxx

xxSparklesxx Well-Known Member

6 weeks for me. But didn't actually start being sick til around 7+5.

Roll on tri 2 :-( xx

7. KeelyT90

KeelyT90 Well-Known Member

No, I developed Hypmeremesis, this resulted in weight loss & ketosis, doctors said it's just one of those things. Everything that could have happened to me happened. The only thing I didn't get was gestational diabetes & pre-eclampsia. I had an early bleed, growth problems, severe sickness, Severe SPD, Sacroliac joint dysfunction the lot. Praying this time around won't be too bad but I have hypermobility syndrome & MW said at first appt that I will need to be consultant lead without a doubt. x

#7 KeelyT90, Apr 20, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2016
  8. mummywanabe

mummywanabe Well-Known Member

5 weeks this time, 7 weeks the first time