What vitamins do you take....

Discussion in 'Trying to Conceive' started by gdwhiting, May 19, 2013.

1. gdwhiting

gdwhiting New Member

Hi all, I'm new to this forum although I have been lurking around for a couple of months....

1st time ttc.... I came off dianette in January and have been lucky enough to get my cycles back straight away, I have been using opk's but I cannot temp due to medication I am taking due to it interfering with my sleep.

I am going to get some conceive plus lube and I want to start taking vitamins...

I am already taking folic acid..... But which multi vits do you all take?? or which brands?

A bit clueless....

2. Bethyboo87

Bethyboo87 Well-Known Member

I just take folic acid, evening primrose oil and this month I've taken vitamin b6 - you don't have to take that ususally, it's just I was concerned my LP was too short (10 days). If we don't get bfp this month I'm going to start looking at supplements for hub I think lol xx

3. gdwhiting

gdwhiting New Member

Its all so confusing, so much choice...lol... thanks for your reply x

4. MumToBeMaybe

MumToBeMaybe Active Member

I take BellyBar chewable prenatal vitamins, they're scrummy and dr. has given them a big :yay:

5. scn

scn Well-Known Member

I take pregnacare original, evening primrose oil from AF to ovulation, co-enzyme Q10 and maca root.
    The EPO helps with cervical mucus and the coQ10 and maca for egg quality seeing as I'm an oldie!!

6. Melanie3103

Melanie3103 Well-Known Member

Q10 and maca ? Really ?

Never heard of that - tell me more... Im 37. How much u take? Every day or ?

I take a daily pregnacare (inc folic acid) and EPO 3x daily (500mg each) u to ovul only.

Be interested to know more...

Xx

7. Jojo84

Jojo84 Well-Known Member

im just on folic acid but im considering b6 and EPO for cycle 2

8. naomip

naomip Well-Known Member

I take prenatal vitamins, vitamin c, evening primrose oil and agnus castus, my kitchen looks like a chemist! Hubby also takes multi vitamins x

9. scn

scn Well-Known Member

10. Kaffee

Kaffee Well-Known Member

I'm just taking boots folic acid with vit d, ive got stash of pregnacare left over which I'll switch to if I'm lucky to get another BFP. Other half has vit c and zinc, though thinks its for immunity to colds, but its my sneaky way of improving his wrigglers without denting his pride!

Karen I'm also thinking I should take something else coz of age so thanks for links.

11. Iwant3

Iwant3 Well-Known Member

tesco own prenatel vits.....extra 400mg folic acid, baby aspirin (not vit i know but hey!), EPO up to Ov and B6 after Ov..........

Have had 2 bfp's using Soy.......but sadly both mc :( so stearing clear now.

12. vicci77

vicci77 Well-Known Member

I'm taking tesco own prenatal vits and extra folic acid 400mgs as I'm a big girl and evening primrose oil will take pregnacare vits when pregnant again x

13. MumToBeMaybe

MumToBeMaybe Active Member

Evening primrose oil? What does that do?