What Type of Car Seat for New Born

msjenny

Reaction score
I am the well organised type and I love to be prepared in advance for everything.
That is kind of opposite to my partner who is sorting things out 15 secs before the last deadline...:)
I do not want drive my little love even single yard in unsafe environment so I want to buy a car seat in advance.

The problem is that my baby looks a little bit larger than standard.

I can afford to buy some clothes and give them for charity if they don't fit but I don't want to spend 100s of pounds on the car seat and giving that away after couple weeks.

Buying too big is not solution neither as it could cause more harm than not having that at all

BTW

The market prices differences are huge. I want to go for possibly the best. But does it has to mean the most expensive at the same time ?

Let me know what do you think.

Hi there, even if it's a big baby most are in stage 0 car seats for at least 9 months if not longer. You can get loads of Rearfacing seats now that work from birth to 4 years but they are all quite pricey. I had a stage 0 seat as it was part of a travel system so meant I could attach it to the wheels of the system which is very handy with a newborn when out and about. We moved to a joie stages (around £125)in my car and joie I anchor (more expensive around £275) in our main car when LO was around 1. Hope this helps xx

WSS^^ why don't you pop into your local mothercare, John Lewis, halfords etc and have a chat with one of the advisors x

My daughter stayed in her 0+ for nearly 16 months and even then she hadn't outgrown it, so don't worry about how big your baby is. Have a look in the shops and online and grab a couple of baby brochures to get an idea of what's out there. The most important thing is that the seat fits your car properly so make sure you get it checked out before you buy.

I went for the britax dualfix as it goes from new born to 4yrs old and can b rear facing the whole time plus it swivels 360 degrees to save your back. We like it and my lg has always been comfortable in it, we searched in mothercare and John Lewis and did lots of research first. So many to choose from I'm sure you will find one you like fairly easily.

WSS^^ why don't you pop into your local mothercare, John Lewis, halfords etc and have a chat with one of the advisors x

The Reason is simple the advising staff is rather selling staff. They are being told what to sell and they recommend that. Sometimes it has nothing to do advising... I know it sounds weird but that is the way it is.

So I would rather learn from your experience a little bit and I more less know where i am then go for kind of advising and finalise the purchase...

BTW I am more up to shopping in small local shops that huge markets and mega stores. They are being more honest and supporting local shops you support the local community :)

The exception is kiddiecare but 90% from the stuff I purchase there is online.....

I did some research and I am thinking of Cybex.... But another question. do you know if it match to bugaboo ?
I found adaptors so should work okay. Is that easy to install for complete technic ignorant mum :)

The Reason is simple the advising staff is rather selling staff. They are being told what to sell and they recommend that. Sometimes it has nothing to do advising... I know it sounds weird but that is the way it is.

So I would rather learn from your experience a little bit and I more less know where i am then go for kind of advising and finalise the purchase...

BTW I am more up to shopping in small local shops that huge markets and mega stores. They are being more honest and supporting local shops you support the local community :)

The exception is kiddiecare but 90% from the stuff I purchase there is online.....

The staff receive training from the manufacturers on various car seats so they are not selling you any particular one, ultimately yes they do want to make a sale but I have never felt pressured into buying anything. For me when I did shop at our local independent baby shop I was given poor advice and not offered any guidance on fitting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back