what to wear?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Chat' started by EllieG, Jun 6, 2013.

1. EllieG

EllieG Well-Known Member

I'm struggling with what to wear in this beautiful weather - I have 2 pairs of maternity linnen trousers from New Look that dont stay up, I usually like to wear dresses but havent found a nice maternity one yet, I'm not allowed to wear maxi dresses to work and they cant be low cut or too short as I am a Health Visitor and spend lots of time on the floor measuring little ones.
    Anyone have a staple summer dress or can reccomend any?

2. Gemsy

Gemsy Well-Known Member

Do you know you can adjust the linen trousers from New Look? It took me ages to work out, and they stay up better then! Or put a belt on with them.

3. EllieG

EllieG Well-Known Member

I have recently discovered the elastic bits inside but they dont seem to do much - is very frustrating! and I cant seem to tolerate belts, sounds a bit odd but anything restrictive makes me feel dizzy :( i prefer over the bump trousers, maybe am just too fussy :)

4. laurat

laurat Well-Known Member

I got non maternity dresses in H and M a couple of sizes bigger that had like a draw string waist band which I have been wearing. Also in terms of trousers I go for the over the bump ones as I feel that the under the bump make me feel like Im falling out of them.

5. Becky1

Becky1 Well-Known Member

I got a couple of dresses in the sale at mothercare and new look. New look has quite a lot online but not much in the shops.

6. Gemsy

Gemsy Well-Known Member

I prefer over the bump as well, they are just much comfier. I can't get on with anything under bump. In this weather I have reverted to maxi dresses to keep cool.

7. lauralou

lauralou Well-Known Member

I got a midi dress from new look, it's a plain black maternity one, fitted.... £8!

Have a look online at their sale x

8. EllieG

EllieG Well-Known Member

thanks everyone xx

9. Bbybump16

Bbybump16 Well-Known Member

I got some 3/4 leggings for debenhams and wear short dresses or long tops with them x

10. glowing

glowing Well-Known Member

I bought 2 short dresses from George at asda they are almost like tunic and team them with leggings cropped or long as I am living in leggings that have stretched with me.

11. giz

giz Well-Known Member

I just received the "skater" dresses from new look today and they look awful. Gutted really as I hoped they'd be my hot weather staple for the next two months. :-(

I'm so big this time compared to last that I'm outgrowing everything. My favourite most comfy thing is my denim skirt from JoJo bebe, but can't wear that to work.

I have a black skirt (over the bump) from JoJo too. It has a tie belt so it comes in under the bump which I think helps give a more flattering shape than the dresses I got today do. They just hang over my bump so far they look stupid.

You just gotta try lots of things I think and see what works for you.
    ----------------
    baby giz born 6th Feb 2011
    next one due 12th Aug 2013