What to wear in labour??

MarchPumpkin

Reaction score
Hi.

what is everyone wearing in labour?
Might seem a strange question to ask or plan as everyone says who's had children that i wont be thinking about what i look like, but i dont want to be fully naked!!

I was thinking of getting a nightshirt so when LO is born she can be put straight onto my chest without a problem.

xx

I always wore an over sized T-shirt and nice thick socks (why do you feet always get so cold in labour??) xx

I wore a button down nightie. My feet were really hot! Lol x

I had a whole outfit planned but when we went to the labour ward they just gave me a hospital gown, quite dissapointed really!!
xxx

I wore a button down nightshirt. It unbuttoned easily so I could have skin to skin immediately xx

I had a maternity nightie with me, but I started out in the pool naked, then went onto a bed, so ended up naked throughout!

I wore a nighty the first time round, and nowt the second coz I was in the pool xx

I wore a button down nite shirt the first 2 times 3 time I was fully dressed with my legging pulled down lol

Button down nightie. By the end of it I didn't care what I was in.

I was in a nightie too. You can button down half way. Was really good

sent from my Galaxy s2

I wore a tshirt of hubbies so it was nice and big but by the end i was naked lol and didnt care xxx

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk

I bought loose nighties but in the end they threw me in a hospital gown for the epidural.
Lol I do remember at one point the midwife apologising cause she'd left my bum sticking out the back! (I was on all fours)

I wore my maxi dress, went into labour wearing it and stayed in it until he was born.

think thats what il get as i want skin to skin immediately aswell, just finding it had to find one?? x

I gave birth in my purple Winnie the pooh socks and a tshirt that said does my bump look big in this last time lol you really don't care what your in trust me xx

I didn't want to be naked! Got a nightshirt and a bikini for pool. Wasn't able to go in pool but wore bikini in bath, got out to be examined and spent rest of labour in just bikini top! Mv's said they hadn't seen anyone give birth in a bikini top in a room before lol!

My OH is a massive prude, he was trying to persuade me to wear a bikini top in the pool, LOL! I couldn't even remember my name and everyone had their hands and noses up my lady bits, I really couldn't care less about anyone seeing my boobs!

think thats what il get as i want skin to skin immediately aswell, just finding it had to find one?? x

Bought mine in Sainsburys but it was summer time when I got them if you are talking to me lol, think you can get them online too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back