What to wear during labour?

shell30984

Reaction score
Sorry for the slightly strange question :)

But was wondering if anyone was buying something to wear during labour? If so what?

I don't want to spend a lot as I know it will only get thrown out after.

Thanks
Guys

Id go for a cheap primark nightie. Can just bin in without bothering with the cost as such :) x

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk 2

Yup Primark have got some pretty ones for £4.50 each - I picked up several as they are comfy now I look like a hippo too! X

I bought a nightie and never wore it with ds, ended up giving birth in the same black top I'd been wearing all day. By that point I could have been wearing a clown suit for all I cared. So something comfy and cheap if you're buying anything special! Good luck!

Vest tops are good as stretchy, cheap and cool.

I bought a nightie and never wore it with ds, ended up giving birth in the same black top I'd been wearing all day. By that point I could have been wearing a clown suit for all I cared. So something comfy and cheap if you're buying anything special! Good luck!

Yep same here, I bought two nighties, and ended up giving birth in the white t-shirt I turned up in. I couldn't have cared less what I was wearing LOL

I'm not looking for stuff to look good in....as I know when the time comes I won't care what i look like lol :)

I just like to be organised and wanted a cheap something to pop into my hospital bag, as I think I'll probably be induced and a short stay in hospital due to a few complications :(

I was induced, and while they were getting ready to take me to the birthing room they asked if there was anything i wanted to change into for the birth - i wore a cheap strappy nightie so i didnt get too warm and it was easy to pull down for skin to skin.
For the rest of the stay i took vest tops and black pj bottoms. Oh and i also took another nightie just incase it was more practical after the birth.

I was completely naked!!! lol - I went in not prepared for a water birth - but ended up with one - didn't even keep my bra on and I couldn't of cared less - and i had a trainee doctor want to observe my birth! lol

With my sons birth I wore one of the hospital gowns as I had an epidural and needed something that opened at the back....

I was completely naked too. I brought some strappy tops because I wanted a water birth but wasn't able to get one. I don't remember why I didn't wear a strappy top but I remember the midwife giving me a scrub top and taking it off because I was too warm.

Tapatalking from my blackberry!

Yup I was induced too, in at 9am and gave birth at 2.32am with a few complications along the way. Still the same top though, I must have smelled lovely by then :) lol

I wore a long maternity nightie from Mothercare - so comfy that I bought loads on Ebay and wore them at night for the last few months!! I had to be prised away from them in the end otherwise I'd still be wearing them now!

I had terrible swings in my temp during labour going from boiling hot to freezing cold so I ended up putting my cardi on and taking it off every 5 minutes...

I binned the labour nightie and then cardi as I couldn't bare to look at them after (they were both black so they weren't 'dirty' - they just reminded me of a horrifically long labour!)

xxxxxxxx

Last edited:
I bought a nightie too! If I had the legs I probably would have worn a tshirt but thought I'd go with something a little longer!!

I had a cheap primark nighty but had to change into a hospital gown for epidural x

I ended up butt naked and I didn't give a hoot :) I even walked through the ward in my dressing gown to go shower afterwards lol...

I've bought two cheapy huge nighties from Matalan (£6 each), buttons down the front so easy for skin on skin.

Ive bought those comfy stretchy bras like belvia (sp) off eBay incase im boiling. They so comfy and look like sports top. Incase I dont have time to get my vest top etc on

mummy to ds 11/7/11
pregnant *team pink* due 12/9/13

I wouldn't lol. I was wearing a vest, went in the bath with that come out with it and figured out the morning after was still wearing the same top lol! I only bought a robe thing but if you have one already save yourself the money ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back