What to use after birth ?

Bbybump16

Reaction score
I've heard all diffrent things to use to heal after birth .. Salt , which hazel on a pad or putting lavender oil in the bath ?? Any tips ? What is everyone doing after ...

Salt in the bath was a good one. Not that you get much time for baths lol xx

I used lavender oil mixed with milk, that's what my mw told me to use cuz I had an episiotomy and it took weeks and weeks to heal. Really praying I don't need one this time! X

I used lavender in the bath after Lo.and I feel it really helped. Mw said the amount of salt you'd have to add to get any benefit would be massive so didn't bother with that.. Also ppl recommend tea tree oil.on your maternity pads. X

I know it sounds silly but wouldn't salt make all ur skin so dry !!

surely salt would sting like a bitch if u haze grazed or stitches OUCHIEEE xx

I didn't need anything thankfully as my lady bits were unscathed.

I've heard that a jug can help when you pee (you pour water via the jug as you go for a pee and it dilutes the acidity of your urine!)

xxxxxxx

Last edited:
I've got tea tree oil bought for baths and to mix with water when going loo. Heard it helps! Will have to see x

I had a c section and every day i bathed the wound in a mixture of 1 x tbsp milk with 5 x drops of lavender oil and 5 x drops of tea tree oil. I did this in the shower, with some difficulty...never had the time for a bath or the ability to get out of one on my own lol! The mixture did the trick though and smelt amazing...I'm still using that combination now to bathe in :) xxx

Definitely buy a jug and pour warm water over your bits everytime you wee. It's cleansing and stops it stinging like a bitch!! This was all I did as never found time for a bath either!!

I think I need a jug .. I didn't with my first and the pain when the wee hit your skin !! Ouch I can remember beening so scared to wee one day my mum made me go in the bath .. Eww ltge things we do !!

Going for a pee in the bath is actually another thing I had recommended.

You don't have to sit in the pee or anything. You just run a shallow bath to go in.

If it helps then Yay !!!

xxxxxxx

Yeh that's what I did went then jumped out and showered my legs lol

Am having to pee in the shower at the moment its a life saver xx

I'm using tea tree oil in the bath. My lady bits still feel sore though but have 10 day check up today so we'll see what they say x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back