what to try next?

tinkerbates

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Well we have an extremely grumpy boy on our hands. He has some periods of being in a good mood but mostly, if he's awake he's screaming.

He was diagnosed with reflux and put on gaviscon, which did help at first but now doesn't seem to make a difference. Also, in all honesty my mothers instinct tells me its not reflux. Anyway, I've taken him off the gaviscon and put him on c&g comfort, he doesn't seem to be in pain now but still throws up a lot.

We have also used infacol which was pretty useless.

He burps very easily and farts a lot too!

I just don't know what to do next. Do I go back to the docs for another reflux medicine, should I try a soy milk (mil tells me oh had to have that), should I try colief?

All suggestions welcome because it's making me sad to see my little boy so distressed xx

How old is he??? Gripe water worked wonders for us but they have to be over 1 month x

He's 7 weeks today. Do you think that's worth a try then? Xx

Yea it's all worth trying, it's finding what works is the hard bit :( x

Hi ladies,

Well we have an extremely grumpy boy on our hands. He has some periods of being in a good mood but mostly, if he's awake he's screaming.

He was diagnosed with reflux and put on gaviscon, which did help at first but now doesn't seem to make a difference. Also, in all honesty my mothers instinct tells me its not reflux. Anyway, I've taken him off the gaviscon and put him on c&g comfort, he doesn't seem to be in pain now but still throws up a lot.

We have also used infacol which was pretty useless.

He burps very easily and farts a lot too!

I just don't know what to do next. Do I go back to the docs for another reflux medicine, should I try a soy milk (mil tells me oh had to have that), should I try colief?

All suggestions welcome because it's making me sad to see my little boy so distressed xx

If it's reflux try an anti-reflux milk rather than comfort milk. These are designed to stop them bringing the milk back up

WSS^^ I was just about to say aptamil do a anti-reflux milk, might be worth trying that.

What you have described sounds very similar to how my LO is at the min, but i'm wondering if he's acting like this because he's going through his first leap. However he has started to bring his milk up, sometimes around an oz or so of milk.

If what your little one has is reflux then i'm not sure things like colief, infacol or gripe water will work? It was my impression that these combat trapped wind and cramping due to trapped wind....i'm not sure they'll help with the build up of stomach acid, which i believe is what reflux is?

I would try going back to the doctors, there is a milk that they can prescribe.I think you can buy it but it cost nearly £20 a tub!! I'll ask my S.I.L as her little one has reflux and she is prescribed the milk along with 2 other medicines.

x x x

My step-daughetrs son was like this, they tried him on the reflux stuff but it didn;t do anything. When he was about 2 1/2 months old they tried him on lactose free formular, he was a totaly different baby within 3 days! Doctor's surgery wasn;t impressed and they kept calling him back in for assessments and trying to take him off the milk (it was prescribed) as it is so expensive, but he is a very happy healthy 10 month old now who has a totaly lactose (it's not the actualy lactose his cant tolerate, it is something else in the milk I can;t remember what though!) free diet.

It could be lactose intolerance? He got better on the comfort milk which is reduced lactose but didn't get one hundred percent better so it's maybe worth suggesting to the doctor x

Spencer David Wilcockson 28/2/2013 6lbs 3.5ozs

Well I bought some c&g lactose free milk, he is already being sick less. Hard to tell if it's had much effect on his crankiness as the heat is putting him in a bad mood anyway. So I will see how we get on over the next few days xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back