What to make of this?

CARNAT22

Reaction score
OH took James to a party at weekend and took a friends pot of Sudocrem by mistake.

It is a medium pot 250g, probably about half full. I did text them to apologise and make sure they knew the cream had gone. Out of politeness I offered to replace it.

Friend just rang me as they were outside and wanted the cream back :shock:

Now I am all for saving a few pennies (and I confess I have been using it and did think "at least I won't have to buy any for a while") BUT I am very taken aback.

I had to quickly top up with my pot of give it back to them.

Is this just the most bizarre thing ever? I am in shock!

xxxxxxxxx

So did they want a new one and theirs back? Or just theirs back?

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

Just their one back - they were fine when they called and just said as they were passing would I throw down the cream.

I never in a million years expected them to 'chase me' up about replacing the cream but I even less expected them to turn up on my doorstep for half a jar of cream??

Odd....

Although I hate paying full price for it and stock up when there is a baby event

xxxxxxxxx

Well like the saying goes "there's nowt so queer as folk"

Last edited:
Pardon my asking but how much is sudocream? I got bought reams of the stuff as baby gifts, so don't actually think I need to buy it until DS is 21.

I do think it's a bit odd if they made a special effort to come and get it, but if they were just passing through the area I guess it's not so bad?!

Personally I just wouldn't even bother asking for it back or a replacement.

Seems a bit petty, if someone took my pot of sudocrem by mistake,
I would just buy another pot, I certainly wouldn't ask for it back xx

Hi carnat I do think that's a bit odd. Up here in Scotland we have a thing called the minor ailment scheme where if you are pregnant you can sign up at a pharmacy and get free things as long as its minor (eg gaviscon for heartburn). Once baby is here you can register him/her and can get things like vaseline and sudocrem for free for your lo up until they are 2 I believe. Anyway thought I would mention it, not sure if it's an nhs Scotland thing but try googling nhs minor ailments and see if it applies to England too. And tell your friend too it may save her some pennies cos if you use a lot of sudocrem it will save you money.

Ps sorry if you already know all this or if it doesn't apply, I have rambled on for nothing lol xxx

This is hilarious..!!
I really wouldnt bother collecting the half pot of cream! I no its not the cheapest but id just buy another! I'd be embarrased to say can i have it back.. Or even worse 'IM OUTSIDE!!' lolol!!

Its not like u've taken a dummy or blanket or something! lol!

xx

Last edited:
Not sure....... Suppose if I was passing then would prob pick it up as we use it every time Chloe does a poo and we still have half a pot (approx) so still got months left in half and every penny counts but I wouldn't go out my way to get it, that would be pointless.

Maybe they haven't got much money or as just passing didn't think it being weird?? X

I would pick it up if I was around, not bother if not. I wouldn't pick forexample wet wipes that a finish a pack per day but I have the same tube of sudocreme since she was born, that's 8 m so why not especially if its a newish tube?
I am not so sure I would use a tube of sudocreme that I accidentally picked from somewhere if I wasn't sure that they don't want it anymore? (Not in a nasty way, just wondering what I would have done myself).

If I was passing I would have picked it up xxx

tapatalking

Proud mummy of Seren 15 Nov 2010 & Bethan 12 Oct 2012

Oh no I defo wouldn't use it if I knew it had been used on a different baby....yuck!

I'm actually really surprised how long those tubs last, like I said before Chloe is just over 5 months and we still have half a tub :)

I always wondered how long they lasted because of how pricey they are.. but for £3/£4 a tub that lasts months thats pretty good going! Ive only got the free lil one from my bounty pack atm. Need to buy some!

Yep we still have 3/4 of a tub left 4 months in! I bought quite a few as well but we don't use it on a daily basis as lo doesn't seem to need it!

I only bought a second one with second baby as i needed one upstairs as well as dowbstairs. I didnt use it that often as there was no need

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

I dunno - I've tried to think of what I would do.

I only have one tub of Sudocream and its the great big tub. If my pal accidently took it, I imagine she would offer to give it back and I'd just get it off her next time I see her.

However meantime, I'd have to pick up another tub anyway - so what would the point be?

I'm no use really. I wouldn't be fussed tbh!

My OH mum said that it should be used even if Chloe just does a wee because the ammonia in the wee is just as bad but I only use it when she done a poo?!

Should it be used if just wee also, we just use baby wipes if wee. X

Well if it was me I would have said don't worry keep it! I wouldn't chase it or ask for a replacement! But that's me I know every penny counts but I wouldn't be bothered about cream especially if a friend of mine ha picked it up with a little one! X

We just use water and cotton wool and only use the cream if she ever looks a bit red x not sure about using wipes x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back