What to get for first birthday...

Em91

Reaction score
Hi mummies, what are you getting/did you get your LOs for their first birthday,
We've bought O a smart trike and was thinking some 12-18mths clothes, thought I'd get some toys, but what toys do you buy a 12mth old? She's got shape sorter type things and stacking cups etc. She's lost interest in her Lamaze toys :( much to my disappointment as we built quite a collection.

So anyone recommend anything? There's so much choice out there, what do you LOs love?

So sad that I'm buying birthday presents, where did a year go!!!
Xx

We bought a ride n scoot zebra a princess ballpit some megabloks sounding puzzles x

I feel exactly the same Hun! Harry is 1 on the 18th July and it feels like yesterday that he was born :-( I don't have any suggestions I'm afraid as he has so many toys and books! I will be watching your thread though for ideas x

I feel exactly the same Hun! Harry is 1 on the 18th July and it feels like yesterday that he was born :-( I don't have any suggestions I'm afraid as he has so many toys and books! I will be watching your thread though for ideas x

mad isnt it!! She will be one on the 26th of July. she seems to have everything, toys, books, games, ball bit, walker table etc etc!!

Using tapatalk can't see tickers

I was awake for 4 hours last night and got my thinking cap on for planning daisy grace's 1st birthday. Think we are going for a princess coupe car (little tykes), wooden table and chairs for her to sit at-found an amazing set in a wooden toy shop in town but im put off by the £130 price tag. I may turn into a cheapskate and buy from ikea and stencil her names on the back myself. Lol. Maternity pay really does suck!

Think our biggest outlay is going to be her bedroom getting done out. We just moved house and dont want to do a nursery as really she wont be a baby for long. So im getting a wooden cottage/high sleeper bed made for her. My brother is a joiner and loves a project. It will be something she will adore for years to come. Xx

tapatalking

We're going for a trike, garden swing, slide, play house, toy workbench, little tikes activity centre, next size up in clothes, paints and apron etc and books. Obviously me and hubby aren't buying all of this, family are buying an item each.

Iv been thinking about this too... We're getting the little tykes coupe car. A Toot toot garage and some cars. A slide for the garden. Some clothes. The boy has everything imaginable just now... Think we need to build an extension xx

I got ruby a toy kitchen which was suitable from 12 months . She loves it . Also got her a shape sorted , jigsaws , play tent and done clothes x x

We got a smart trike, play BBQ, water table, musical instruments and puzzles. Not all from us, from family too.

cardboard box...much more fun than anything u can put in it! xxx

I'm thinking something like a trike or a baby swing for the garden. But we're going to Turkey and will be there fit her birthday so won't be doing much in the way of presents. We're having a big party though the weekend before her birthday.

Just gatecrashing from tri 3 but I love birthdays! Would definitely recommend the little tykes ride in cars, We got one for DS for his 1st birthday and he still plays with it loads now aged 4. Also this http://www.amazon.co.uk/baby/dp/B000EULX9I is a massive hit with my DS, we got him it for his first christmas and again he still plays with it now, he'll bounce for ages! It can get a bit noisy though :) xxx

Jack is 2 next Thursday. He's still pretty much into what he was a year ago so we've bought him a keyboard with a little stool, a mega sketcher, a couple of shape sorters and yesterday i bought him a remote control car because we took him into a toy shop while shopping and there was a guy playing with one ..... an hour later Jack's still chasing it round the shop laughing his head off!! He had the whole shop watching him lol. He & Daddy will have great fun with it lol. He's having a big garden party on 22nd, jelly and icecream, a bouncy castle. The works!! x

I am planning on a rocking horse or sth similar.
I don't like the idea of 1 trillion birthday presents, she has everything she wants or needs anyway, no need to get used to the idea that every birthday she gets everything under the sun.

Though for her birthday she will only get a rocking animal we are obviously buying her around that age more toys appropriate for 1-2 year olds so we are going to get a fisher price armchair, a potty with music and all sorts, a water painting mat, some jigsaws and some puzzle beads and things.
I have planned all the presents for her through the year
Santa Nicolas (a tradition in Greece) is bringing her a tea party set
For Christmas she is getting also a single present and that will probably be a farm big play house and animals.
For New Year's Eve (then comes the Greek Santa instead of Christmas so we are doing both traditions) she is getting a table with chair to eat and draw and play
Easter bunny is bringing her a stroller for her dolls
At summer time for finishing first year at the nursery she is getting a set of baby gardening tools to help mummy in the garden.

I've bought a couple of bits already so it doesn't have to hit us in the pocket later. I've got Enid a Minnie Mouse backpack for nursery, a couple of wooden puzzles, 2 small and 1 large Happyland playsets from Mothercare and a fisher price tea set. I don't really think she'll get much else as her birthday is only 2 months before Christmas and she probably won't understand it much anyway :)

I have been thinking about this ! stil unsure what to get

thanks for your ideas, today i bought 15 of the 'thats not my...' books for £10 from a Facebook selling group. they're all in mint condition so will save them for her birthday :)

saw the fisher price tea set in the entertainer so think i will pick that up & maybe some happyland bits xx

Using tapatalk can't see tickers

My mum's getting her a smart trike, and my mil will try to top that, so there's not many big things we'll be buying. I already got her a giant Peppa Pig (half price in mothercare this week!) and some little bits and bobs left over from Christmas that we didn't give her, so we'll not be spending a great deal. Her party's costing a bit anyway so that can be her present :p I did however make all the invitations myself (getting organised so people don't make holiday plans for that week!) and will make her cake myself xx

We had this dilemma a few weeks ago and we have bought her an armchair for our new house as we will be moving in just before her 1st birthday so I picked that up yesterday and a trike and a few bits of clothes...Ava loves the cartoon "the hive"
But they want £26 a DVD and im not prepared to pay that for a DVD I'm not tight in the slightest but I think they have a cheek to charge that much! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back