what to expect at first doctors app.?

*sam*

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone can tell me what happens at your first docs appointment?

I have my first one tomorrow at 9:05am and I don't know why, but I'm all worked up about it!
If anyone can put me at ease that would be great! :)

Thanks in advance
Sam xx

is this your first app with your GP? or midwife? i think it can be different depending where about you live.

I saw my GP as soon as I got a BFP - I showed him my test stick and he asked me to come back in a few days with a sample. He sent this off to be tested and called me 3 days later with the results. I was then about 5 1/2 weeks. He asked me to make an appointment to check for protein and sugar in my urine. He took my weight and worked out my dates. He chatted about the type of vits i should be taking especially folic acid. He asked if this was my first pregnancy, if i'd had any problems down below etc. He then sent off an e,mail to the hospital requesting an appointment for a scan and booking in chat with the midwife. That was it really. One week later I rec'd a letter from the hospital with a few dates available for a scan. I picked one and called them back to confirm....

It's nothing to worry about. More chatting than tests.

x

Thanks Hayley! That's helped! :D

I don't know why I'm fretting!

Sam I have replied to you on the other thread!!!

Xxx

Hi Sam,
I wouldnt worry, its really straight forward. They just go over your general health and have a wee feel of your tummy. I was actually disapointed. I dont what I was expecting ( a fanfare perhaps) but I came out and went home and made the tea. I wanted to shoutin the waiting room Im pregnant you know. I didnt do that.

Take care
Laura.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back