What to expect at 24 Week MW apt?

cmharris

Reaction score
Hi Girlies,

I have my 24 week MW appointment later today... feels like forever since my 16 week appointment.

Just like to know what to expect?
xx:)

Make a pregnancy ticker

Mines is at 22 - is it the same general appointment we go for or did you have one at 22 too?

I'd like to myself what goes on at this one x

I'm guessing it's the same then... maybe you just have to have one 'around' this time. :)

Have you had your MATB1 yet? I'm hoping to get it at this appointment because i need to hand it in by next week.
xxx

Nope but I expect that you would get it at this one. Just mind give him/her a nudge in the right direction if she doesn't seem to be doing anything about it :D

And people keep telling me there is a grant all women are entitled to regardless of working status?! Not sure what that is but keen to speak to the MW about it. Every little helps, right? :D

Yeah I've heard about that too. I think its called Sure Start... a grant from the government. I think if you work you get £500 and if you dont work you get £1000. But you have to be on some sort of benefits to be entitled - which I am not. So I'm not entirely sure if i will be able to claim for it after the baby has been born? We will be getting child benefit and tax credits then.
My appointments at 1 so i will ask :)
xx

It's quite hard to get, you have to be on income support or income based jsa or esa I believe.

I have my appt this week but i'll be nearly 26 weeks. I'm planning on discussing labour as want homebirth. She'll also book me in for bloods at 28 weeks and whopping cough vaccine I expect. Xx

Hiya Girlies :)

Just got back - nothing out of the ordinary. Had blood pressure and measurements taken. Listened to the heartbeat :dance::dance: got my MATB1 and asked about the Sure Start Grant.
As we dont recieve any sort of benefits we have got to wait until the baby is born and then we can apply within 3 months of the birth but we will have to apply for some sort of benefit first. Nightmare.
I havent been offered the Whooping Cough vaccine - do you have to have it by a certain date?
xxx

I don't think you have it til after 28 weeks, when is your next appt? X

AHH that might be why! My next appointment is the 17th June so i will be 28 weeks xx

Oh - thanks for the update! Seems like a nice breezy appointment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back