What to do with a biting baby?

mrswoody

Reaction score
Hi ladies,
Lady M has now got 2 (sharp) bottom
Teeth.
Tonight I've tried to feed her before bed and she has bit me really hard every time I've tried and once drawing blood :(
I'm just waiting for a bottle to cool down but now I'm worries she will keep doing it.
Any help/advice?

My worst fear! Will be watching this thread with interest!
I want to keep feeding but I'm sure if I get bitten I will stop.
I've hear that if they do bite you should unlatch, put them down on the floor ( on a matt or somethig) and leave the room . Leave a time gap so they understand biting means mummy goes away and no milk. That's what hv told me anyway.

I asked my health visit about this and she said you should take them off breast and say no. Apparently they stop doing after a few times of doing this. F is only 9 weeks and has a tooth and I've tried this and he doesn't do it as often now but not sure if he's a bit to little to understand.

Cheers lovely.
I really don't want to give up feeding her as I love it but if she does it again ill have no choice really?!
If I stop bfing Ill feel like I've just given up and not tried.

I pulled her off me after a yelp then tried again in the end she had some formula (I have it in for times like this-I don't
Mind giving it to her occasionally) but only took 2oz. :(

Think I'm going to express the feed off so I'm not leaking later!

No worries. Hope it works for you. I always said I would stop when he started teething. Now I won't to going until I go back to work.

Remove and say no. Also watch for cues that she's going to do it. (It's very hard to suck swallow and bite at the same time - so it should be clear that she's going to bite)

I bf G till almost a year and she had 6 teeth by then (pregnancy halted my supply). And biting was actually a very very rare occurrence - and usually by accident. More common when her teeth were hurting her.

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

I haven't got to that stage yet but someone said the other day to push them towards your breast so they need to latch off to take a breath. I don't know if this works xxx

thanks ladies.
Thankfully she didn't do it through the night and once this afternoon where I told her No. They are feeling very delicate so plently Lashinoh to help me :)
x

I haven't got to that stage yet but someone said the other day to push them towards your breast so they need to latch off to take a breath. I don't know if this works xxx

Hi. I agree about pulling them in. I just wanted to share my experience with biting, my DS is 9 months now and last week he bit me hard & hung on! I burst into tears and said 'no' and he pulled a petted lip & went on a breastfeeding strike for 6 days! He screamed every time I tried until finally I persuaded him back by doing dream breastfeeds. Anyway, there's loads of advice on these nursing strikes saying they are often triggered by a strong reaction from Mum after biting so beware! They aren't doing it to be naughty, it's probably just that their teeth hit. There's lots of good advice on KellyMom

Oops typo 'teeth hit' meant to be 'teeth hurt'!

Sorry I'm so tired I posted in the wrong place ��

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back