What to do after her christening?

Blueclass

Reaction score
Hi iv arranged our daughters christening for the end of November. I can't have the halls there as it's booked so was thinking do I pay for another hall which is £50 but a 10 mins drive and then make some food or do I put £100 behind a bar that walking distance? Also if I have a hall it has a bar so I won't be buying drinks for people but do i need to play games or do anything? Sorry if I sound thick but I'm not sure what I need to do. I can't afford a DJ so was thinking of just taking a radio.

Also there's is alot of people coming and im not sure 100 would get everyone a drink.

If you want to do the hall and there's no dj maybe take a laptop and load up iTunes they can usually hook that up to the speakers at the place. Maybe make a little buffet and have guests sign a book?
Or if you would rather do the pub which is a bit less formal bit less pressure on you. Instead of putting £100 behind the bar if you don't think it will be enough maybe buy a few bottles of house red/white to toast the baby as a gesture that way it may stretch a little further.

I used a local sports club. Everyone bought their own drinks at the bar and I spent about £150 on food. It was a 5/10minute drive from the church

People will buy their own drinks at the bar anyway so its really upto you what you would like to do. If you hired the hall are you doing food? An ipod or cd mix would def be fine instead of a DJ. Most christenings I've been too its a venue booked with a buffett and DJ, mostly just an excuse for the adults to get drunk here haha. I haven't seen games or anything being played but if there's loads of kids going theres no harm in doing games to keep them occupied.

Im just going to go back to my mums for some food. Bit of a cop out, my mum just lives in a small 3 bedroom terraced house so i was only really wanting close friends and family to come back (really really hoping haha). 300-400 pound is the going rate for venues around here but thats food and DJ and stuff. I really didn't want to do a big thing after my lb will only be 3 weeks and im still recovering from section and also bfing so kinda using it as an excuse so i don't have to do anything too much after haha!

Last edited:
We took over a part of a restaurant who did buffet style food and everyone bought their owns drinks. Didn't need a DJ etc as the restaurant had an atmosphere and everyone wanted to chat / catch-up etc x

Get them to buy their own drinks, I'm providing tea/coffee sandwiches and a wee finger buffet in church hall, I'm not going to anywhere with a bar on purpose, at my sons christening my mother in law got so drunk she almost dropped him twice and we didn't have it at a bar then either it was at my aunts house but she brought her own wine, I don't want it at my house incase we have the same problem again that's why I'm going to the church hall lol not having a dj or anything I'll just put a playlist on my I pad and connect it to speakers, I never go to a christening and expect a free drink

Our little one gets christened at the end of November too, and we are just having people back to the house after. We are doing a DIY buffet, and just supplying bread and fillers for people to make their own sandwiches.
Its a Sunday morning, so people wont be expecting to drink, and if they do, the can bring their own.

Thanks everyone I have arranged for a buffet in a café lounge bar. Costing £100. My flat is only a one bedroom so I'd have no room to have them here x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back