What to do about Christmas?

carpenter

Reaction score
So I'm due on the 3rd Dec and don't know what to do about Christmas presents for Bump as it will be her first Christmas which will make it the best one ever for me, but she'll only be days old.

I love Christmas and love getting people presents so I'm not sure what to do.

What are you all doing? xx

Ive not even thought about that. thing is everyone else will be buying wont they. ive not even thought about arrangements for the day or presents for everyone else lol xxx

We're not due til 14th dec but my logic is ill wait til they're here and get a specific outfit for Xmas day as a pressie (team yellow). Aside from that my intention is to get a swing instead of a bouncer and leave that as an Xmas pressie but that'll be all they get. Other people will buy and they'll be far too young to know anything about it. Have Pre made arrangements ready as its normally. Manic day but I've warned everyone that we'll do visits but it won't be all day like it normally is! X

I'm thinking baby will be wanting lots of nappies for his first Christmas!!! Not going to go to crazy this year, will buy proper gifts for baby next Christmas as he will be older and more aware etc but this year it will be little things! X

I'm due on November 5th and as mean as this is gunna sound, me and my OH have both agreed that there's not any point in us buying anything for LO as everyone else is probably already going to (like friends and family) and she's not going to even know what's going on.
It probably sounds really tight :( We were thinking of just putting the money to one side for her for like the year after or something.

Im not due til 27th! so i dunno if to get anything or not!
if bub is early i will feel awful if theyre late then well i wont lol

I'd just get some first Christmas bits so they're special to keep and maybe a few first year specific things x

We haven't discussed it yet, but I suspect we will stay put for Christmas Day, if family want to see baba on Xmas day then they're welcome to visit, but I'll be way too knackered to go trudging around, that said... My dad has had a rule forever that he doesn't leave the house on Xmas day, so I wonder if that will change for his newborn grandchild.
We will probably just leave something that we need to buy for baba and get that for their Christmas present and get them an outfit too, they'll be three weeks old so no point going mental, it's just an occasion for us not really for baby :)

My son was a christmas baby due 17th had him 20th ... and even though he didnt know what christmas was at 5 days old ha ha we all got him presents .... just because it was his first christmas and i personally would of felt awful if i hadnt but thats just me x

We have decided to have Christmas just the 3 of us as I don't fancy carting a 2 month old baby around from house to house. We are going to get bubs 1 present and thats it as they will be too young to appreciate it and they already have toys etc waiting for them when they are born. Plus my family will prob go overboard on pressies anyway x

Omg... I'm going to have a baby by Christmas! Wahhhh!

All I know is I'm having my dad's Christmas dinner. There is no compromise there!

We are due the same day carpenter! In all honesty, we arent planning on getting her presents. We may get her one thing that she can keep, like a book with a little message from us in it on her first christmas, but other than she will be spending christmas day either sleeping or crying im guessing and wont be too bothered :) xx

im due 1st november & christmas is already stressing me out lol! We always go to my mum and dads for christmas but this year i just want it to be the 3 of us for our first family christmas i want to cook the dinner etc plus bubs will be 8 weeks old max so will i really want to do a 45 minute walk (neither of us drive) in the freezing cold with a newborn baby? I said to my mum we will see her christmas eve or boxing day but she is getting upset about it as its our first christmas apart and she wants to see her grandson on his first christmas etc

Aaargh it didnt show everything i wrote! As for presents we will be getting 1st christmas things for the tree and an outfit for him etc and maybe a few toys but thats it not going mad he is not going to remember it will be just another day for him xx

I did my LO's first Christmas last year, but she was 10 months old - cooked a massive roast dinner, gave her a little portion and she had lots of presents from everyone. We went to my parents in the afternoon on Christmas day and had my MIL over to stay for a few days. Boxing day I did another roast for me, OH, MIL, my parents, sister and brother-in-law. It was exhausting!!!

This year, baby's due on 4 December (although my dates put it as more like between 10-15th). There is no way in hell I'm doing any special cooking and everyone's going to have to come see us. We will be getting presents for the new baby though. As long as I have access to all the foods and drink I won't have been having during pregnancy, I'll be happy!

I'm due on the 22nd and my mum and sister were late with all their kids so I'm expecting to be late as well... I can't see baby making it for Christmas but I'll buy a newborn 'baby's 1st Christmas' sleepsuit or something just in case!!
I think it'll be a 'we're making NO plans at all' Christmas and New Year this year which will be quite nice realy... tv and choccies for me (or labour lol)
x

This Christmas it's going to be even better as I will have my little princess here!:D
I'm not going crazy because I'm due 29th November so she will already have little bits and bobs from other people and lots of cute outfits! But definitely going to buy her a Christmas Day outfit and maybe a few toys! i can imagine people will also buy her stuff!xxx

Last edited:
I am similar to leela. We are due on 20th December so Christmas is going to be difficult to plan this year. I am expecting baby to be late, just have a feeling.

My hubby was due on 21st December and his birthday is 29th, so it might end up with same birthday as it's dad.

We live in north east, but usually go home (north west) for Christmas I have never had a Christmas without family and I may have a newborn or be overdue. We are just going to have to play it by ear I think.

I had not thought anything about presents!

I am similar to leela. We are due on 20th December so Christmas is going to be difficult to plan this year. I am expecting baby to be late, just have a feeling.

My hubby was due on 21st December and his birthday is 29th, so it might end up with same birthday as it's dad.

We live in north east, but usually go home (north west) for Christmas I have never had a Christmas without family and I may have a newborn or be overdue. We are just going to have to play it by ear I think.

I had not thought anything about presents!

That is close! Would they not come over this way hun? Maybe arrange going out for Xmas dinner so you're not landed with cooking and having everyone there? X

My mum and dad have offered to come up, I just think they are worried of being in the way since we don't know if I will still be pregnant.

I had not considered going out to eat! Good suggestion I will mention it to my hubby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back