what to buy for sleeping first 6 months?

MariaIsabella

Reaction score
I have got a Chico next to me, will buy a cot bed ( that turn into normal bed ) from mamas and papas and have a travel system pram ( with carry cot ). Is there anything else I need?

The Chico next to me is good to bring with us as a bed if we travel but no ideal to carry around the house if I want to keep an eye on baby when she sleeps.. And not sure the Carry Cot ( that comes with pram ) is very suitable for that either? Should I also buy a moses basket or what are you all doing?

xx

We had a snuzpod, a cot bed and the bassinet on our pram was suitable for overnight sleeping too. We used the snuzpod around the house as the top part is portable, the snuzpod at night upstairs until 4.5 months and the bassinet if we stayed over someone's house. We then switched to the cotbed at 4.5 months and used a normal travel cot for overnight stays. We didn't have a Moses basket at all and would have been happy using the bassinet from pram downstairs if snuzpod hadn't been portable.

For my second baby I brought a mamas and papas swing (which I am going to purchase again for baby no.3) as i would put the lower setting on for the swing then once baby was asleep I would stop it, it was easy to take it places to as its folds up and you can lie baby in 3 different positions. This swing was the only way to settle baby while I was doing the washing up etc X

We've got the same as you and have also got a bouncer which will lie flat once baby is asleep for downstairs xx

Hey! I'm being a nosy parker in T2 (I belong in T1) but with my first I had a moses basket that I would carry downstairs. Only when baby is in it, it gets quite heavy. Incase of emergency c-section I would advise having an extra basket downstairs so you're not lifting. I will get an extra one this time around so theres one up & downstairs x

I am so jealous of your Chicco Next2Me I reaaaaally want one instead of our moses basket - They look amazing! We were given a moses basket to borrow from OH's Sister so we don't need to go and buy a chicco but I want one SOOOO much!

When my DD was born, we had a Moses basket, and downstairs had like an old fashioned crib thing that she slept in whilst tiny but she soon was in a routine in the moses basket and left upstairs to sleep... I live in a flat now so I really only need the moses basket.

I have a cot too, that will be put up before the baby is born because my daughter actually didn't sleep very well in her moses basket for long at all, she preferred being in her cot so I will prepare for this to happen again.

Sounds like you have everything covered! Only other thing I am about to buy is a swing that my DD always slept in during the day, she loved it! xx

Ours slept in the normal cot from the beginning. We had a pram with removable carry cot too which we used a few times for sleeping away from home.

Last edited:
I have a bouncer for downstairs but have also bought a baby beanbag as they are suppose to be better for baby to sleep on than the bouncer. Check out Beanbag Planet which is where I got mine from. If you do purchase one do a quick search for voucher codes as I got 5% off my purchase.

I have a bouncer for downstairs but have also bought a baby beanbag as they are suppose to be better for baby to sleep on than the bouncer. Check out Beanbag Planet which is where I got mine from. If you do purchase one do a quick search for voucher codes as I got 5% off my purchase.

my SIL gave us a bean bag and I totally forgot about it! thanks for reminding me :lol: xx

We had a snuzpod, a cot bed and the bassinet on our pram was suitable for overnight sleeping too. We used the snuzpod around the house as the top part is portable, the snuzpod at night upstairs until 4.5 months and the bassinet if we stayed over someone's house. We then switched to the cotbed at 4.5 months and used a normal travel cot for overnight stays. We didn't have a Moses basket at all and would have been happy using the bassinet from pram downstairs if snuzpod hadn't been portable.

We are doing pretty much this.

I used my moses last time for 2 weeks then a crib then a cot. So to avoid the faffing we have chosen the snuz. We are all one level so easy to transport about. I used my carry cot around the house cleaning last time and for a couple overnight stays so we aren't going with all diff beds this time.

We also have a mamaroo for the living room and have been gifted a bean bag.

xxxx

I'm having a snuzpod for upstairs, baby bean bag and Moses basket for downstairs. The Moses basket will be brought down from my mums loft as I bought it years ago for my first niece otherwise I wouldn't have bothered buying a Moses and just stuck with the bean bag and brought the snuz downstairs if needed x

I to have a chicco next to me. I will use this for our bedroom and have a cot bed for aftef 6 months. I will use the carry cot in the living room instead of a moses basket. Personally i think there pointless, id rather use the carry cot in here and out as its easy and save money on the moses basket.

We've got a Chicco Lullago crib for in with us at the start and it's good for travel which we do quite often. We'll have a cot bed later on. We also bought a Graco Contour travel cot for laters on but it also comes with a bassinet level so I may well use that downstairs during the day. Will be better to keep him out reach from our dog and cat lol and mean baby is used to it when he's bigger and can have it as a playpen as well.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back