what this site is for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinkprincess23

Reaction score
I find it pretty horrific that there is people on here that are horrid towards other people and write horrid things on their posts! I joined this site so I could share my experiences and get advice from other mothers/mothers to be!

I know everyone has differnt opinions and every baby is different but I find it horrendous that some people go out of their way to think they are better than others!

IHope yor all well and we can all continue to get along and not let the trolls gets us down!

S
xx:wall2:

hmmm... I admit controversially that i agree.

I think sometimes people look for genuine advice and the threads end up in arguements. I know if that was me who posted for help and people started arguing over my thread i would probably be even more disheartened than when i first posted.

I get that people have different opinions but theres a time and a place.

x

I must have missed something but tend to read those type of posts but not comment (when there are arguments) unless extremely hormonal! Just flag them to the mods ;) xx

hmmm... I admit controversially that i agree.

I think sometimes people look for genuine advice and the threads end up in arguements. I know if that was me who posted for help and people started arguing over my thread i would probably be even more disheartened than when i first posted.

I get that people have different opinions but theres a time and a place.

x

EXACTLY!

s
xx

I know i prob "argued" with someone on another's thread - im not sure if i coulda put it better or not - but it was out out of genuine concern that i asked someone to "be careful about their advice" - so hopefully not too offensive.

Thing is though - we also get into trouble for threads like this cos arguements can resurface, and im sure none of us want that. sorry - not meaning to be a bitch there.

xxx

We aim for the forum to be a supportive and beneficial place for everyone. I am not sure of the specific thread you are referring to (if there is one) but please feel free to use the report function if someone is upsetting you so that we can look into the matter x

I love this site :love: :)
I've learnt more on here than any book x

I love this site and u ladies ! Think the main issue is that we r all asking for advice and support on subjects close to our hearts and that added to hormones and sleep deprivation can some times make us read things the wrong way. Not saying this always happens as I remember a tread in tri3 that a response was definatly uncalled for !! But it's important that we r there for each other and ignore the negative xxx

I must have missed something??? Ironically though I think that threads like this one don't help. You should just report posts you think are offensive.
I've always found this to be one of the nicer forums (the "other" forum is hideously judgemental) and the majority are lovely on here x

I thinly I've missed something too, glad I have though don't want to be seeing arguments on here. Trouble is there are many subjects on babies that have conflicting views eg abortions, breast/bottle, cosleep/cot and for some it does get heated unfortunately. I think that its good everyones different, the world would be boring if not, and I've found that from experience in both ways, you might jot necessarily agree with the way someone brings up there child but as a parent we should learn to respect it regardless x

I agree hun. I adore this forum but there have been times when I have read or commented on a thread that has become very judgemental and/or unfriendly. I think before we judge others we should look at how we want our kids to behave. Do we want them to be accepting of others and their views???? There are very controversial topics sometimes on here and I know we have all come from different backgrounds - social, age, ttc etc etc and I know that we can all be sleep deprived and hormonal but maybe sometimes before posting a reply that upsets us or makes us angry we should go away and think first about what we are gonna write and then come back. xxxxxxxxxxx

Yes, this forum is for support but it's only natural for people to have disagreements. If you don't like what someone has written just report the post. No need to start another thread knowing that the certain people will read it.

I love this forum!!!!! I was on 2 groups on fb about pregnancy etc and was bullied on those and I posted a thread about it, here you can talk and ask for advice but I think I have also missed something????? I agree with cosmic though these threads don't help matters xxx

I haven't read all this yet but if there's a thread or posts people have an issue with please could someone report them or put a link in the ask a moderator section so that we know about it? x

Last edited:
I always stay away from arguments on here, like you say, far too many hormones and differences in culture and background, I do in the real world as well! I might read them but try not to comment or get involved as I love this site, saved me from many a boring nightly breastfeed!

Yes, this forum is for support but it's only natural for people to have disagreements. If you don't like what someone has written just report the post. No need to start another thread knowing that the certain people will read it.

I totally agree with this. I didn't miss it but I kept out of it. I feel there are a few women here who go out of their way to cause problems (not on thread in question-tbh the post wasn't that bad in my opinion I get what she meant) and I was so angry at someone in another section for saying such horrid things I was disgusted!! (not the first time this person has disgusted me on that subject!!) This thread, for me, is ur way of saying 'I found this post not to be helpful.. I started an arguement and I want everyone to agree this woman is in the wrong!' this is the way I see this thread.

Yes this site is for support and advice.. Where is that in this thread? It's not exactly a friendly one is it??

Anti-forum 'I am leaving....' or threads leaving behind negativity/bad feeling, will either be locked or removed. These are usually posted for attention, create arguments, and often stem from events that have already been dealt with.
(Remember problems can only be dealt with if reported.)

As the rules state these threads are against PF's Tos, any matters which trouble you must be reported through the 'report post' function and must NOT be turned into a thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back