What tests next...

Tinkerbell3

Reaction score
We've just found out our 2nd IVF cycle hasn't worked and are struggling to accept our infertility is 'unexplained' and what to look into things before doing a FET with the 1 embryo we have frozen.

We done 1 ICSI cycle last year which failed, an IUI which failed earlier this year and our 2nd ICSI cycle last month and feel like we need more tests before spending money on more cycle that might end up with the same result because we aren't fixing a problem that's there, surely there has to be a reason.

So beyond the usually hormone blood tests, Hycosy for me and semen analysis & Karyotyping for DH what other tests have you ladies done? I've been reading about NK cells which can be tested and looks for reason why implantation may not be taking place, has anyone had this? Did you think it was worth the £500 or so it costs?

You can get into serious amounts of money with this testing. The NK theory is very disputed, but sometimes it feels so much better to be doing something proactive. Also there is a "worth it" aspect that you can do something about it - ie take prednisolone if it comes back positive.

I'm sure the ladies on here know more about this than i do for the ivf perspective. Its worth reading "is your body baby friendly" too, this goes into quite a lot of the theory behind ivf failure and rmc and may give you ideas for which aspects you want to persue testing wise.

So sorry to hear your 2nd IVF failed, it must be heartbreaking after such investment emotionally.

We've decided to go ahead with the NK cells testing and we'll also be doing an endometrial scratch prior to our FET, has anyone got any experience with these?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back