what sould i do now girls.....

hayes

Reaction score
So i have had the last wk off work because ive been very weak wobbly and feeling sick the whole time. Mw and doc wanted me to rest up for a bit.

My prob is this morn i thought maybe i felt a bit better but alas i have now just thrown up my breakfast!! Its the first time ive actually been sick. Is it likely to happen again?? Should i try to eat something or leave it some time?? Ive got to ring my boss later and let her know what im guna do about work.

I want to go back but i work with children and am ment to work 9-6 and dont think i can cope with that right now. What sould i do tell her il go docs tomoz and let her know what they say?? Just go back and see how it goes?? Try and negoiate new hours??

God i never thought it wud be this hard being pg feel such a mess emotionally and physically.

Sorry for such a long post ladies.

Michelle. x

Hello!
It could happen again but it may not aswel. I would try a slice of plain toast with a tiny bit of butter (that's what I do) if it stays down and I feel hungry ill eat another slice :) only problem is I found is everyday I feel different one day ill be awful and couldn't imagine working then the next I'm fine . It's so difficult! :/

Sorry I'm not much help. I've been signed off work about 5 weeks I think. Meant to go back this Friday coming. Really not feeling it ATM. But doctors are getting funny with me. :/ intact she laughed that anti sickness made me feel worse! Unprofessional much!! :/

I hope you feel better soon!!

Xxx

Thanks i hate being sick it really is my worst nightmare.

I have eaten a ginger nut biscuit and its down so far!!

Michelle. x

Thanks i hate being sick it really is my worst nightmare.

I have eaten a ginger nut biscuit and its down so far!!

Michelle. x

I feel your pain haha it's my phobia. It's like the end of the world when I feel sick/ am sick! Haha. I wish I didn't care :)

Oh that's a good sign. Just have some sips of water here and there to replace fluid you lost!
Fingers crossed its all ok! X

I would just take it a day at a time Michelle- if you're not feeling up to work, then don't go in. You need to put yourself first! You won't be any use to the children if you're throwing up all day. On the other hand, you may feel fine this week. No way of knowing at this point, so just take it easy :) xxx

I've a severe phobia of being sick and used an app called nevasic, travel bands and b6 vits. Maybe you could try those? You've got to put you and baby first though so if you feel unwell don't go in. Employers can't do anything about preg related illness. I told my boss early doors as made things easier if felt ill and if anything had gone wrong I'd of needed to tell them anyway. Definitely made life easier x

id say sod work, rearrange hours or whatever you need to do to put you and baby first

Thanks ladies,

Managed to keep sum stuff down but still feel so ill. Im going docs in morn so will see what they say and if they recommend to stay off then i will.

Michelle. x

Can you lose your job for taking too much time off? I would stay home for now and try not to think about work. Hope you feel better soon. :)

Got to put your self first but on the other hand having quite a bit of time off already, is it going to get your employers pissed off with you?

If there is a way to go into work and see how you get on, if you are sick go home, at least you have made the effort and they will that you are trying your best? Don't know your call on this one Hun

I can't really compare as I am not suffering with any sickness, yet so really do feel for you, hope you start to feel better soon x

Its annoying, you spend so long TTC and now have morning sickness to contend with! :(

Its tough work first tri. I felt pretty terrible from 6-12 weeks. I did find though that being at work was good in a way, it certainly gave some distraction from the sickness for a bit. Ok, i ended up puking in the sink in my room a fair amount, but i still felt worse on days when i wasn't in. I also found that i was so tired, some days i would come in and go straight to bed. No social life at all for 6 weeks! I found it oddly reassuring though, and the one day i felt ok around 9 weeks, i didn't just enjoy it and eat... nooooo... spent the whole day panicking i was having another mmc - fool!!!

Only you can work out what to do about work - your gp can do fit notes which can back you up with reduced hours or ammended duties if facing a whole day is too much?

I struggle with work too.
Always feeling so drained.
I do find work distracts me. I also work with kids in a soecial needs school.
Taking it easy an hour by hour helps x
Hoping the 1st tri sickness leaves soon lol, I'm a moaning witch lol

Thank you so much everyone so nice to no im not alone.

Blueflower i feel so guilty moaning about it when i wanted this so much,but man nothing prepared me for how rough i wud feel.

Work is ok as they know i have fibromyalgia which ment i had a weaker body to start with so they knew it was prob guna b tough for me!!

I will see if doc can get me part time hrs and see how i go.

Michelle. x

Don't feel guilty its not your fault! Do you wish you were back TTC instead of being sick?!
Part-time hours sounds like a good idea and a good transitition into your maternity leave! ;-)

I'm a bit of a workaholic so I'd def try and go to work if poss even if I was throwing up at least it might distract you a bit. However it depends whether you can physically manage or not. Hope you feel better soon xxx.

Ive been back at work now only 8-2 hrs and its been ok, im still very ruff but im getting there slowly.

I dont wish i was still ttc but i often think back and think god nothing cud have prepared me for this i hate it but at least i know baby hayes is doing ok thats the main thing.

Michelle. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back