What snacks and drinks have you packed for your hospital bag?

Corrinne37

Reaction score
Again just wondering...

I have two big bottles of lucozade (hopefully ill remember them as they are in the fridge!!)

Plus some cereal and granola bars, packet of biscuits.

What else? xx

Crisps and sweets and feral bars in mine hope to throw some fruit in too before we leave to go on the day but depends if remember LOL. I have two energy drinks two ribenas and a bottle of 7up but are in fridge ready to add before we leave x

Got cartons of apple juice, for labour and after.

Getting milky ways for labour as I think they'll be easier to shove in my mouth and swallow between gas and air! Last time I had trackers which I really wanted to eat but ended up having to spit it out so I could take gas and air.

Got trackers for after birth too. :)

----------------
baby giz born 6th Feb 2011
next one due 12th Aug 2013

So far just lucozade and chewits!!

Gunna get some cereal bars I think and maybe some more sweets for fiance.

Cereal bars, sweets, biscuits and umbongos. Then in car I've left 6 energy drinks and a multi bag or crisps. I know I won't remember them in fridge and hospital say they have ice there :)

Cereal bars, nuts, bananas, rice cakes, chocolate (mainly for OH), isotonic drinks are better than lucozade.

I'd freeze a few small bottles of water!

Cereal bars were my saviour, I couldn't eat during but afterwards I had a cuppa and 3 of them - they were the nicest things I ever ate :lol:

Stock up for OH as well, he'll get hungry!

xxxx

I've got cereal bars, couple of packets of biscuits and cartons of juice with straws for easy sipping during labour! There's a tesco just around the corner from the hospital I'm going to so if that's not enough I can send OH or my mum out to get more supplies! Xxx

I'd freeze a few small bottles of water!

Cereal bars were my saviour, I couldn't eat during but afterwards I had a cuppa and 3 of them - they were the nicest things I ever ate :lol:

Stock up for OH as well, he'll get hungry!

xxxx

ohh i like the freeze a few bottles idea xxx

same really.. lil bars of kindar chocolate and lil moam sweets for those pick me up moments maybe when pushing lol midwifes apparently feed ya when pushin or if ya struggling so thats a bonus lol lucozade just two bottles and cereal bars , lucozade tabs :D when i went my antenatal class the midwife says they basically wait onya hand and foot from gettin ya a banana , toast n jam , sandwhich , hot choc, anythin ya want :D so wont be packin any other snacks xx

I took loads, lucozade (& energy tablets), biscuits, chocolate bars, crisp, cereal bars ect. But I didn't actually eat anything during labour & mine was 24 hours. I did drink lucozade so definitely take that, but food wise just take whatever you'd want to eat afterwards... I ate 3 slices of toast, & 4 cereal bars, and a whole pack of biscuits when I had finished haha!

And as Carnat said whatever you eat after delivery is the best thing you will ever eat haha, the 3 slices of cold toast were bloody amazing!

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 4 Beta

cold toast ha ha - i brought lucozade yesterday snack a jacks. cereal bars and jelly babies, my friend told me about putting water into freezer too. if I get time will whip up some sarnies ( mmm will i get time )??

At antenatal class they said to go easy on the energy drinks as too much caffeine isn't a great idea, even in labour. Just saying. She said water is the best thing really. Xx

I got 40 drinking straws for 19p in dunelm mill.

At antenatal class they said to go easy on the energy drinks as too much caffeine isn't a great idea, even in labour. Just saying. She said water is the best thing really. Xx

And to contrast that advice, my maternity notes says to bring 4 bottles of energy or isotonic drinks.

I hate energy drinks though. I drank water last time. My first contraction was at 2am. I had breakfast and lunch. Then went to hospital at 4 and didn't really eat anything mostly cos by the time I was starving the contractions were too close together to eat. Gave birth at midnight and probably had tea and toast at 4am...i was starving. Then ate cereal bars and biscuits until breakfast arrived!

----------------

I don't pack any snacks for myself, just my hubby. When I'm in labor I am nauseous and have zero appetite. I can barely handle ice chips (which the hospital has). So anything in my bag is a snack for my man.

And to contrast that advice, my maternity notes says to bring 4 bottles of energy or isotonic drinks.

I hate energy drinks though. I drank water last time. My first contraction was at 2am. I had breakfast and lunch. Then went to hospital at 4 and didn't really eat anything mostly cos by the time I was starving the contractions were too close together to eat. Gave birth at midnight and probably had tea and toast at 4am...i was starving. Then ate cereal bars and biscuits until breakfast arrived!

----------------

Ha! Typical! I guess it depends on the midwife/area you live! I hate energy drinks anyway. Bleurgh

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back