What should i expect?

Chazabell

Reaction score
We have our appointment tomorrow to sign the consent forms for IUI and go through stuff.

What stuff? Are they gonna ask me questions or just fire jargon at me? If anyone has been in this position, your experience is welcome.....please :) xxx

Havent been through anything like this before but I would imagine it would just be questions about your cycle history and what treatment you have already had, want to wish you loads of luck for tomorrow hun xx

Also have no advice Im afraid but do wish you heaps of luck!!!

Hi Chaz

Are you having medicated or natural IUI cycle? X

Logging off soon so will let you know what I think they'll talk to you about... If you are having a natural IUI cycle they will talk to you about the procedure itself and then what happens in the run up - scans to monitor egg growth etc, blood tests to check hormones and then how to administer the injection if you are going to trigger ovulation. If you are having a medicated cycle you'll have injections to so they'll tell you how to administer them.

If the appt was the same as mine it will be with a nurse and will be an opportunity to get all the questions you have out the way so you feel ready for your cycle -. Exciting times Chaz! Good luck xx

The nurse mentiones that i'd be on an injection to stimulate me, then get scanned then another injection to trigger ovulation, so would that be classed as medicated?? xxx

Hi Chaz

Yes that would be medicated but you'll probably have more than one injection to stimulate your ovaries - I had one a day for about a week, with scans and bloods to monitor.

This is my second IUI cycle and I have have to say it is really nice to feel like someone else is taking charge - you'll feel like you're having a bit of a break (especially your mind) becausee someone else is telling you what to do and when incl the insemination! Even though they suggest you BD around IUI procedure to maximise chances someone is still telling you when. It will feel like a weight off your mind.

If you have any questions - just ask (although I am sure you will be well supported by the nurses like I am)

Thinking of you xx

Thanks Emily.

What area are you in?

It is a medicated IUI cycle im having, gonna open up a new thread about it so i can keep adding to it. Feel quite excited :) xxx

I'm in London.

Glad you're excited! Good luck :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back