what should i do?

pips

Reaction score
DSCN0228.jpg

that was the state of my kitchen when i got up today.... :(
ok, i have to admit one plate is mine as i went out for tea yesterday thinking i would clean it later and ended up having dinner at my friend's as well, so i did it this morning.
i live with 3 19 year olds who knew i was pregnant when we moved in and had said they would do what is necessary to help.. i have abandonned the idea they will long ago!!!!!!!!
i know i should have posted this on off topic, but you guys are going, have been or will be going through my stage of pg so i thought you might see it the way i am at the mo: I WANT TO CRY (because that is only a tiny example of what i have to put up with)

the stuff has been pillling up for 4/5 days now... and baby is due in less than 3 weeks

please vote so i can figure what to do as i feel guilty about shouting all the time
pip :evil: xxx

whoops sorry pic is so big, wasnt supposed to be :D

hi pips, my 12 year old used to leave his bedroom like that{not as bad} but he refused to tidy it, he got the message in the end wen i 'tidied' it.

everything that was on the floor went in the bin, and i mean EVERYTHING.

he got sick of having to look for bowls wen he wanted sum cereal coz i refused to go in and get them, he soon learned that if it wasnt brought down stairs it didnt get cleaned or washed..

personally id tidy my things up after myself and wen they have no clean things then they have to clean them them selves, might be childish but they'll get the message.

good luck xx

Yea i agree clean ur own things and place them in your room or something so the others cant take advantage!

aw Pips..they are driving you mad at the moment aarent they?
Im worried for you, things may feel much worse when baby is here.
Is there any way of getting out of there?
please dont tidy up for them, you have enough on with Uni and being preg.
Take care, dont get too upset ((hugs))

I agree with leave it but not that it's normal.........let them clear up their own mess, you shouldn't have to do it - they will soon get fed up with it - and you won't be doing it once the baby is here as you will be too busy.

I can see that it must really annoy you - have you spoken to them?

i know what you mean.... when i was a student and shared a house with three others i seemed to be the only one who knew the meaning of the words "clean" and "tidy". it was awful and nearly drove me mad! and i wasn't pregnant then! i ended up more or less moving in with my OH just kept my things in my room and came back only if i needed to pick something up as i literally felt sick when i saw (and smelt) the state of the house. i ended up gradually just moving all my stuff into OH's house, which was also a shared house, so we literally lived in one room!

when we were about to move out after finishing uni they wanted me to pay equal shares of all the bills (water, gas, electricity, phone, tv licence and all that) and i basically told them where to stuff it as because of their mess i had hardly been there at all for over 6 months, hence had not really used any of the facilities. they were pissed off at me for that but i said i'd leave them £20 for everything, just to cover any costs i had incurred during my visits to pick up my stuff. at the end of the day i paid towards the bills at OH's place as i thought it only fair since i was practically living there.

when i finished uni, me and OH shared that room for about 6 months whilst we looked for a house to buy. it was BLISS when we moved into our own house! and i'm the first to admit my house is not always spotless, but at least it's clean, and tidy most of the time!

i'd dump all of their stuff in one big cardboard box, clean my own stuff and keep it in my room. don't they realise there's gonna be a baby in the house soon, and that SOME level of hygiene is important?! imagine if your LO got a nasty bug from the bacteria that grow in the mess thay leave around.... is there no way you could get out of that house and get even a little studio flat of your own?

thanks girls! :)
i have spoken to them many times and they either promise they will be better or they shout back that the state the flat is in is normal! it's a bit my fault for moving in with them in the 1st place i just did not think it would be that bad

so yes hels i've been seriously considering getting out but cant find anywhere yet

therefore i did leave the mess and one of them came back and did his lot (i hope the others do theirs, i dont want bugs in here) and swept the floor to compensate lol

*sigh* some men really are prats when women are pregnant!! have you never thought of getting them fake bellies they have to carry around at the same time as you? i thought that was funny but am seriously considering it now hehe

If i had a spare room it could be yours!!!
Where do you stand on council properties?
Tell them boys from me they are totally vile!! Try and keep your chin up, its a ameans to an end. xx

I would pick it all up and dump it on/in their beds. It works, trust me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back