what religion

nimrodelle

Reaction score
Hiya
Just wondering. Are there any wiccan mums to be out there?
Nimx

HI, i used to be a semi wiccan, i love all stuff like that, im also a meduim and clarevoyant, even tho i cant spell them! lol

I am a Pagan and follow the Wiccan way, I am out of practice at present in the Wiccan side of things due to little monster Damien taking up all my time :lol:
I'm almost a closet Wiccan though as some people hate having it rubbed in their faces etc, which is why I say it is a beleif, not a religion.

How long have you been Pagan?

This is something I am interested in but not really been able to find out much about. I was bought up a christian but as i have got older my faith has disappeared as I find it difficult to believe in God after what has happened in my life. However I do believe that there are things out there, especially linked to the seasons and the earth. Can you tell me mroe about it, suggest good links etc, ta xx

Here is the Pagan federation site...
http://www.paganfed.org/

And this is a Pagan links site....
http://www.ukpaganlinks.co.uk/

should find some stuff on there.

But the basic of it all are that you can be Pagan without being Wiccan (the following and practising of magick) but you can't be Wiccan without being a Pagan. Pagans follow the natural law of life and beleive in mopther nature - not one god. There are many divine beings of male and femle nature which can be called upon for guidane in Wiccan tasks/daily life, etc.
And most important of all.... it's not devil worshiping... I have been slated too many time for this so I just had to say it before someone else did :wink:

Feel free to ask if you want to know more hun about anything. xx

I have been a practising wiccan for nine years now. I think the hardest time will be when your child starts school. I know in my area all the schools are Cof E.

Might be a silly question :oops: have never heard of Wiccan before!!

What does it mean ?

same as all the school sin my area, or catholic! I havent got a problem with Damien being shown other relgions and beleifs as I wont force him to follow my path as his father is open minded, but I don't want 'god songs' rubbed in his face as assembly time.

i have been a practicing wiccan for about two years now. (I practice alone not in a covern) Quite alot of the information i got was from books at waterstones. (istarted on simpel books like how to be a wiccan its in the religion section) I never really had the problem chosing a school for my son as he chose his own religion early on. i was brought up a catholic but never really took to the faith, where as my son has chosen to be a christian, it quite odd really as i have never tried to sway him in any way towards or against any religion, at the age of four he asked to be christened and is now due to make his first holy communion. I must admit the priest got a shock when asking the children what beliefs there familys had and AJ(my son) answered "well my mums a witch and pauls (my partner) a prostatute (he meant protastant)" what could father phil say to that!! :lol: I think people are more accepting towards different religions and beliefs nowadays which does make life alot easier. people seem more curious than worried and the biggest question i get asked is why dont you dress in black like a goth, lol
thanks for reading hope i have been a little help.
Pam x
Pam

Sami said:
same as all the school sin my area, or catholic! I havent got a problem with Damien being shown other relgions and beleifs as I wont force him to follow my path as his father is open minded, but I don't want 'god songs' rubbed in his face as assembly time.

am the same, i want seren to know about other religions but don't want anything forced on her. Do they still do nativity plays at schools now?

Cheers for the links hun xx

Beanie - yes they still do nativity plays :roll: I dont think it right to be forced on kids as England is so multi-cultural. Like I say I don't have a problem with religions people choose, it's up to them, but it's not fair if you don't beleive it. And the fact the belief of Paganism is older then Christianity and the origional religion of England!

I must admit the priest got a shock when asking the children what beliefs there familys had and AJ(my son) answered "well my mums a witch and pauls (my partner) a prostatute (he meant protastant)" what could father phil say to that!!
PMSL!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

the biggest question i get asked is why dont you dress in black like a goth
I get asked this too or told "you don't look like a witch".

I think you're right that people are intregued by it. Where I live is a big place for Wiccan's. I am a solitary practiser instead of Coven. Although I have worked with my best friend on occasions too who is also a Wiccan.

Thanks ladies for that info, really interesting. I am jewish but I do not practise the relgion but it is a culture too, my DH isn't any religion and I am already worried about schools for our child. I don't mind them learning and being open minded about many religions but I don't want them going to christian/catholic school either. In this day an age you would think there would be less religion at school as there are so many faiths nowadays.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back