What perfume do you wear?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Lou, Nov 19, 2007.

1. Lou

Lou Well-Known Member

I need some new perfume. I used to use Jean Paul gautier classique but then my mum took a shine to it so I gave the bottle to her then I used D&G feminine but I ran out so recently I've just been using body shop pink pepper and body shop white musk.

I need a new smell, my sister uses DKNY but it smells different on me than it does on her. I don't like anything too strong, like angel, (lovely but strong) and I don't like anything citrusy like Izzy miyaki. HELP!!!

what do you use?

2. Misslarue

Misslarue Well-Known Member

what about sunflowers? I wear that in the day as it's so light.

...............and Angel for the night time though!

3. Slinky Sarah

Slinky Sarah Well-Known Member

iv just started using the new christina aguilera perfum...my OH really likes it and so do i but like you say it smells different on everyone....its kinda flowery ish and fruity (as you can see im not very good at describing things!!!!)

4. Sammystar

Sammystar Well-Known Member

me too, I love Sunflowers!

I'm also a Davidoff Cool Water fan, it's lovely, light and refreshing!

5. Squiglet

Squiglet Well-Known Member

Usually I use the clinique perfume but it's a bit strong... and VERY VERY EXPENSIVE... alternatively I like the Jean Paul Gautier one... although that is also expensive..

The other day I drenched myself in one of these cheapy perfume you get off the market... well I hadn't used it since I got pregnant and OMG... I just kept retching and feeling sick because of the smell... I had to wait two hours for the tank to refill so I could go wash the stench of me... so note to all pregnant women... Do not use a perfume that you haven't used since getting pregnant without testing it first. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

6. Lou

Lou Well-Known Member

:rotfl: different perfumes remind you of different times in your life aswell don't they? Jean Paul Gautier reminds me of friday nights straight down the pub from work and sprucing myself up in the pub toilet. D&G reminds me of being pg. I have a bottle of Blus grass that reminds me of my nan. White musk reminds me of christmas.

I want something that smells like really clean clothes and hair...you know when you walk past someone and they smell lovely and you get a waft, thats what I want!

(maybe I should just have a shower and wash my hair dirty bitch) :rotfl:

Lou :lol:

7. Emma58

Emma58 Well-Known Member

My fave is J'adore but since being pg I can't bear the smell of perfumes. I can just about manage a little squirt of Impulse.

8. laetitia85

laetitia85 Well-Known Member

Mine is J'adore. I got it for my birthday and i love it

9. Lou

Lou Well-Known Member

right thats a couple on my list to test when I go shopping. Cheers!

I remember too when Isaac was a baby and people used to hold him and then after all you can smell is their perfume all over him!

omg remember poison? I loved that!!!! bit old school now though, do they still sell it?

10. laura-82

laura-82 Well-Known Member

Have you smelt the new Armani one - Diamonds ??? it is so nice- am hoping santa will bring me some :lol:

I normally wear Givenchy (sp?) Very Irresistable or Lacoste Touch of pink - the OH knows he can't go wrong it he buys me perfume thats in a pink bottle -lol :rotfl:

11. tattybear85

tattybear85 Well-Known Member

i have a few i wear

during the day i wear either Jade Goodys perfume or Kenzo Amour(the pink bottle)

and in the evening if i go out i wear Ghost Deep Night

12. Lou

Lou Well-Known Member

no I haven't smelt that but now its on my list :wink:

My OH bought me a bottle of chanel no5 a few years ago but it smelled rank on me! Very expensive too!!!

ooo tattybear I like the sound of that ghost one!!

13. mrs_tommo22

mrs_tommo22 Well-Known Member

Im a jean paul gautier wearer, but I can get it cheap from bodycare, they only charge £30 a bottle - but I dont mind as it lasts me for ages.

14. Snuggle

Snuggle Well-Known Member

I wear Ralph Lauren Romance or Jean Paul Gaultier. I also like J'Adore and Contradictions :D

15. Lou

Lou Well-Known Member

This J'dore one seems very popular! :)

16. Emma58

Emma58 Well-Known Member

J'adore is lovely. I might ask OH to get me some for Crimbo now even if it will make me feel a bit icky.
    Gucci Rush is nice to whenever I used to wear that loads of people would alway comment on how nice it smelt.

17. pilkers

pilkers Well-Known Member

you should try Stella by Stella McCartney. I love it...it's not too strong, not too flowery and not too musky.

I also use Miss Cherie Dior, which is a bit stronger so I save it for special occasions!

18. Lou

Lou Well-Known Member

Yeah I saw that stella one in the perfume shop the other day when I walked past. I once saw a bottle of paris hiltons in a bargain basket once but i was too embarrassed to pick it up! It was when she was in prison so my dad said it probably smelt of wee and slop lol

19. jools221181

jools221181 Well-Known Member

My favourite is Lacoste the original one! It reminds me of our wedding day!

20. Lou

Lou Well-Known Member

ahhh thats nice :) I'd better not get it then lol would remind me of your wedding day :oops: