What outrageous excuses haveyou used in the past?

Becs

Reaction score
I just cancelled a massage I had booked for tonight because I am knackered and would have to travel home for an hour afterwards and it doesn't finish until 9pm. If you don't give them 24hrs notice you have to pay anyway so I said I had winter vomiting sickness and would come if I had to pay anyway. Obviously they didn't want their staff subjected to my awful illness so they let me off :dance:

What outrageous excuses have you used in the past? :D

I used to work in a busy rock pub in Birmingham Town centre. We used to have lock-ins all the time and once stayed there drinking from Thursday night all weekend. By Sunday evening we just couldn't face opening the doors to customers so I made a sign that said we'd had a flood and were closed till Tuesday :lol:

lol another good thread!
i've used many outrageous excuses :oops: :oops:

cant even think where to start- once i told an exboyfriend
(it wasnt very serious) when i had been ignoring his calls and saw him out in the pub.. that i dropped my phone down the toilet so hadnt been able to contact him then my phone started ringing! :rotfl: :rotfl:

when i was at college i worked at mcdonalds part time-
once me and my friends had been on an all night bender and felt awful so we went for a pub lunch and hair of the dog..i got my mate to call my work from the pub toilet saying my drink had been spiked the night before and i was very sick.

:rotfl: :rotfl: pmsl @ both of those. Booze really has to account for about 80% of needed excuses I reckon!!

I once told my Latin teacher that I had not been able to complete my homework,as i was too traumatised from having to wring the neck of my favourite chicken the previous day.He fell for it too,the fool

LOL those are funny! iv always found when using excuses, the more outrageous ones are believed. the more ridiculous, the better!

I was REALLY late for work one time and told them it was because I had had a power cut and so my (electric) alarm clock hadn't gone off. My supervisor knew it was bullsh*t but let me get away with it for being original and not blaming the traffic. (Hard to do as I was about 2 hours late). :oops: :oops: :oops:

OH that remind me of another one of mine.

I was late for college one day and told my tutor that I'd fallen asleep with the lamp on and it had melted my alarm clock. The lamp had actually melted a little bit of it, which gave me the idea :lol:

A few years ago I started a new job in a nursing home but didn't want to do a night shift so I told my boss a man hole cover fell on my boyfriends head even though I didn't actually have a boyfriend at the time!

That I was really a man!

Years ago I used to drink at a pub in Clapham. Everytime I went past this bloke on the way to the loo he tried to grab hold of my arm and start chatting. He was getting a pain!

After about his third attempt, I stood there, summoned him closer with my finger and whispered:

"I'm really a man!"

He just looked at me shocked and I think he believed me! :lol:

kazlin said:
That I was really a man!

Years ago I used to drink at a pub in Clapham. Everytime I went past this bloke on the way to the loo he tried to grab hold of my arm and start chatting. He was getting a pain!

After about his third attempt, I stood there, summoned him closer with my finger and whispered:

"I'm really a man!"

He just looked at me shocked and I think he believed me! :lol:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I can imagine you doing that!!!!!!!

Not sure how he would have believed you cos ya gorgeous, but I've seen your wind up face many times lol.

this is bad, and im probably going to hell.....but i was only 18 and i had a HUGE hangover, so i got my OH to phone work and tell them that my auntie died :oops: :oops: :oops: Im so ashamed looking back, lol, but id already taken so many days off due to hangovers that id pretty much run out of excuses. Im a bad bad person, lol :oops:

sazzylou said:
this is bad, and im probably going to hell.....but i was only 18 and i had a HUGE hangover, so i got my OH to phone work and tell them that my auntie died :oops: :oops: :oops: Im so ashamed looking back, lol, but id already taken so many days off due to hangovers that id pretty much run out of excuses. Im a bad bad person, lol :oops:

i've done something pretty much just as bad as that when i was really
young! :hug:

lol, i didnt think it was bad at the time, but a few years later i was like :shock: cant believe i said that, lol.

At least there isn't a bloke somewhere in the world that thinks you're a man :doh:

:D Love this thread, makes me feel a little better.

When I was around 18 me and my mates were into pills and the like, one night we'd stayed up and prob had about 4 each, along with lots of weed and alcohol.. not a good mix :? anyway we didn't have any sleep and we had to be in work for 9am.. we went into work and our Supervisor came straight over saying we looked awful and were we ok..

our excuse... We got arrested and spent night in cells so we haven't slept. :shock:

He let us go home (we were friendly with our boss) How on earth we thought lying about the fact we had been arrested just to get away from the fact we were off our heads on drugs is beyond me :rotfl:

Moral of this story... stay away from drugs.. silly younger days

Hehe, this thread is funny.

I fancied a day off work once but by 9am felt guilty / bored and thought I'd better go in - but of course I was going to be late. So I rang my boss and said my boyfriend had come home the night before, slammed the front door and all the glass had fallen out so I had to wait for an emergency "door fixer" (is there such a thing??) to come and replace the glass before I could leave the house.......!

:rotfl: haha these are funny!!!

my mate used the 'someone has died' escuse recently to stop our tutor from coming to see us at work

:rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back