What now?

Aw... Hugs hope! She is just a little madam. I'd probably stop with the milk. She clearly isn't going to drink it!
Maybe try the cows milk? Nothing to loose.xxx

My mum often tells me that I refused milk from 8 months on - I actually picked up the bottle and threw it at her.

She started giving me milky tea (I have a massive tea addiction now but I'm well hydrated) could you try that?

idk Hope - have you tried getting a dietician referral for some professional help, if she has dropped more than 2 centiles and is still dropping it is cause for concern.

All i can suggest is get as many different types of cups etc in and let her try them all - have you tried a cup with a straw, or a doidy cup to get her drinking more fluids?

Aaron is off his milk at the moment, but is still carrying his steroid weight so I'm not too worried. He only took 3oz this morning and I made him some very runny weetabix with another 3oz

Just talked to her pediatrician, there is no medical concern an there is nth they can help with she is healthy just a fussy eatwr.
Cows milk told me is generally a bad idea not that it will harm her just its too filling and it gives her nth more than calcium so she will probably (if she even drinks it that is ) fill her up and get w off her solids without majorly gain much. I was only suspecting that to be true and it would have probably be an option if she was eating solids ok.
The general decision with her doctor is go ahead with solids trying to increase that as she clearly dosent like her milk.
Ditch the morning bottle and offer solids before milk and milk as a drink in between like before naps.

Oh nesquick is a complete no no until 2.5 years old :roll: apparently the small even amount of caffeine that cocoa contains can be very harmful.
Told me to get strawberry syrup and try a bit of that in the milk. Her words lets feed her first an worry about a sweet tooth later or rotten teeth.

Speaking about that here is miss trouble who wouldn't eat a thing unless she can steal mummy's chocolate while mummy goes for a pee...came back to a kinder chocolate with the package open and her munching away on it with a huge grin on her face...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369646058.420412.jpg

have you tried different baby juices? Freya will only sip Apple& Blackcurrant, but will guzzle pear. But she wont touch either if they are straight out of the fridge. I need to let it stand to room temp.

also, have you tried a beaker with a straw? This kinda thing......
http://www.nuby-uk.com/view-product?path=66_92&product_id=849

I have a few friends who wanted to get their babies off the bottle, and this was the only thing they would drink out of.

I also have some natural rosehip syrup for putting in her water for if she gets constipated or sick. Its a natural sweetener. Wee bit better than sugar! x

alyssa never liked formula now was she bothered with milk too much. she likes food but only snacky things or what im eating not baby meals. she does like rice puddings and yoghurt tho so im lucky. with her milk at 1 she was only having 3oz a day, now its 5 as she prefers warmed cow milk with 1/4 teaspoon of honey in it. fussy girls are a pain but she does adore her sugar free cherry juice. cant really offer much advice, i just give her food and if she dosent eat it then thats that til next meal, she has a beaker of juice all day topped up when needed and 1/2 snacks between meals but generally i just let her get on with it, she seems to prefer being independant. i hope you can find a way to get your fussy bum to eat more :)

Caramel syrup (the one that we use fir ice cream topping :shock:)in her milk, she drank 5 oz :roll:
Actually my baby hates the taste of formula and can you blame her???
Lets see when she will get bored of that one now...(if it wasn't an one off that is)
Roll on 1 year old and honey (thanks Bev)
Looking forward to see if she will eat any dinner though after those 5 oz of milk.
Anyway down for a nap now and I am going to recollect myself and get some studying done.
Just got a packet from my parents in Greece full of cakes and other goodies and a ton of toys and clothes for Amelie, summer hats and sun cream and who knows what else so my day just turned better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back