What now?

Hope81

Reaction score
Amelie almost weaned off her milk :(
The past week she had 3 oz at morning and that's all for the day...
No idea where to go from here.
I would gladly feed her of she wakes from a night feed but she dosent...
I keep offering her milk she just dosent want to know anything about that!
She dosent eat a fabulous amount of solids either hence the down to 50 centile from all the way to the top of the chart that she was.
I am so tired with the whole thing, maybe I just stop offering her bottles,she clearly hates it big time...
Anyone else that your babies weaned off milk that early? What did you do?
Also there is the whole liquids problem too. She drinks water but sips of water only no where near what she should drink per day. If she has no bottles how she will get enough liquids?
Off that mummy thing is quite stressful and such a minefield really

My daughter wasnt keen on milk at all and i found it really difficult trying to get it into her. If she didnt want to take it from the bottle/cup then i got it into her food and also protein in other things like yogurts, cheese etc.
Someone else might be able to offer advice on the liquids thing, but i think all you can do is offer it and if they want it theyll take it.

Try not to stress out about it too much, she wont intentionally starve herself or go without if she actually does want it, and she will pick up on the fact that you are stressed too.

I know its really hard, ive been there too, but youll get there! x

Have you tried putting milk in a beaker? Not alot you can do except give calcium in other forms such as cheese,yoghurts etc.have you tried changing her milk to a follow on milk?

Thank you, she is on follow on milk since 6 m old.
She dosent take is from a baker either. She gladly tries it once she sees its not water she throws it away...
She has maybe 3/4 of a yogurt a day and maybe a little cheese she is not a huge fan of eating generally...

Here is what she had yesterday

7 2 oz milk
8.30 baby porridge maybe 3-4 baby spoons and a bit of banana maybe she picked 3-4 raisins too
12.30 chicken with vegetables (homemade around the quantity of a 80-90 ml little pot)
3 offered her 4 oz of milk she had maybe 1 oz
5 pear and apple and apricot stew (5-6 baby spoons) and she picked pieces of our dinner but just tiny amounts.
Bedroom bottle 0
How the hell she is not starving I don't know...she slept through the night, up at 7 and she got 3 oz this morning...
She is jot teething either at the moment, she is not sick or anything she just has better things to do than eating lol?

She ways 9.7 kg but she is a very tall girl, off the charts completely for the weight so that puts her in 50 centile

I wouldnt worry hope as she obviously doesnt need it,just follow her lead.sofia only has 3 bottles a day now x

Well Michelle she is not quite doing ok as she keeps dropping centiles. Sophia is lighter but she is also probably shorter and born in a lower centile ifkwim. So for her it's ok, for Amelie that weight is ok is slower than expected but I suppose I can't do much...

I am not worrying but a baby that barely eats and refuses most drinks and we diapers are not that wet either then gets you thinking that you can somehow do better.

What about milkshake or adding a bit of vanilla essence to the milk.....not ideal but just a thought

I tried that before and didn't work.
I didn't try the chocolate powder but I suppose now I will try that too, maybe she will like it with a little nesquick though I may have a super awake baby after that one...I have a feeling that will not work either though

Tried that too but nope nope. Stubborn baby is stubborn.

Have you tried giving her fluids and milk in an open cup, with supervision of course?
With regards up the water issue, my lo never drank much water. One day my mil gave him a little bit of orange squash in his water and he guzzled it down.
My lo is also very fussy with his food. He doesn't eat a massive amount of food (unless its biscuits) but I keep telling myself he'd eat if he was hungry and his tummy is still so small what doesn't seem like much to me might have filled him up.
Someone told me that you shouldn't look at what the babies eat each day but what they eat over a week.

Ah Hope, I'm stuck for ideas too! I have a big chunky boy (10.2kg) but he also goes through periods whereby he refuses most milk & food. He's not a huge fan of milk at the best of times! It drives me crazy, so you must be at your wits end going through it with Amelie constantly! :(
Will she eat fromage frais? When Ethan's having a rubbish milk day, I always find I manage to top it up a bit giving him these.. Or sugar free angel delight?
We also had the problem with the fluids during the course of the day. He could use a beaker perfectly well but refused to drink from it. I was told to just persevere and yesterday after 3 months, he actually drank a couple of ounces of juice from his beaker!
I completely understand your worry, but on the other hand, she must not have an overly big appetite. Although, dropping the centiles is a little bit concerning.
Hope little miss starts behaving for her mummy soon!
Sorry I can't be of more help Hope xx

Could it be the follow on milk she doesnt like

One of my friends boys hated all formula but guzzled cows milk? Xx

Oh and I know how stressful weaning is I have a boobie monster!

Thank you everyone, she only drinks water from an open cup too. She will not take any milk from anywhere else than the bottle and that's close to nth . I didn't try to give her cows milk to see if she will drink that one I suppose that's sth to try too.
She hated the first stage milk too and I have tried different brands too though in her defense they all smell awful and they taste even worse :sick:
Also It's hard to cook with milk when they prefer finger foods and bites. I wouldn't mind at all to give her ice puddings etc but the result will be 3-4 baby spoons and mummy can I pick some of your real food now??
Saying that I haut gave her some porridge with her milk singing to her etc but she wined the whole time, not doing that again, force feeding her is not an option.
Lets hope that we will see an improvement when that leap will bigger off though from precious leaps that didn't work either and at the end of the leap things didn't get any better food wise.
Oh well thank you, nesquick it is for her next time I go to the shops and we will see how that will go...

Aww, bless you, hun. I don't have any more advice, I'm afraid. I am lucky that Tilly is a really good eater. I know a lady whose baby refused milk of all types since he was 6 months and she just gives him loads of cheese! I know Amelie doesn't eat a lot of anything, though. It must be very stressful. I would try the cow's milk - you never know... Hugs xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back