What next?

Helen88uk

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

So we started fertility testing last month. My 3-5 day blood test came back normal, however my 21 day progesterone bloods came back low (25). I had to have them done again this month but went on day 20 as my cycles are usually shorter than 28 days.

This result has come back low too. I only spoke to the receptionist, she said there was a note to say the results were low, too low to confirm ovulation but not low enough to rule it out...which sounds a bit backwards but I'll go with it. I've been told the doctor will ring me early next week to discuss this further but if any of you have experience with this, what's next?

When we first went I got a list of all the tests they do, blood tests were first, then different scans (not sure exactly but some involve injecting dye to see if my tubes are blocked). Will they still do this? Or just start me straight on meds?

I'm confused as I've been using the clear blue ovulation monitors and they always show peak, which would suggest I'm ovulating? But I guess they go on other hormones rather than progesterone?

I'm just getting so impatient. Since I turned 31 last month I'm having such a melt down! We've been trying for 13 months now :sad:

Hey my love, i just found your post.

I too went for my day 21 bloods, 1st time round when i called for my results the receptionist told me 'your unlikely to be ovulating' obviously i had a massive melt down but when i thought about it i absolutely know that i do ovulate. I requested a repeat test and made sure i was very accurate with the day that i returned, and the results came back all good.
Is there any way you can ask for another repeat and make sure you track that cycle religiously to make sure you are going on the correct day (sorry i'm not trying to teach you to suck eggs)

Has your OH done a SA test yet? My OH was sent for this once my blood test where confirmed all 'normal'.

He in fact has below normal morphology so we were then referred to the fertility clinic, we had our first appointment last week and i am waiting for my appointments to come through for the x-ray to look at your tubes etc. I also have to go for more blood tests (at any point in my cycle) and my OH has been asked to do another SA test to make sure the 1st one wasn't just a dodgy batch.

We both decided we are going to see if my AF arrives this month before i go for my next lot of blood tests and before he does hes next SA.

We are hoping for a miracle but we can hope aye!

I would love to follow your journey xx

Hi, I would advise to stay positive and discuss your situation with your doc. I am sure everything will work out for you. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back