What nappies do people recommend and not recommend?

soffphie

Reaction score
Hi guys, so soonish i will need to think about buying nappies.. what ones do generally people recommend or not? Thank you in advanced! :)

Rascal and Friends are the best nappies ever. They're in the UK too :)

Aldi for newborn size 1 and 2 then Lidl for size 3 onwards. Didn't use Lidl newborn as Aldi were great but much preferred Lidl from size 3.

Aldi nappies are great, I used them for size 1 and 2 and they have the wet indicator. But then their size 3 don’t but Asda little angels comfort size 3 do have the wetness indicator so I switched to them for size 3 and after that I find you don’t need the indicator and I switched back to aldi.

I always got on well with pampers baby dry too But they are just more expensive. I never liked Lidl ones whenever I tried them. Tesco and Morrison own brand were fine too. But Aldi is my go to.

Having said all of that I am considering fabric reuseable for my fourth baby. My council offered a nappy collection service so you didn’t need to put them in your main bin but they are stopping that and changing our bins to a 4 weekly collection. There is no way we can get all our rubbish and nappies in and i do so much recycling that I’ve started to feel guilty that I am not doing the same with nappies.

Having said all of that I am considering fabric reuseable for my fourth baby.

This is what we're doing :) D's friends used a reusable system for their daughters and we were sold when we saw how easy they were. Our other friends used disposables and the amount of landfill waste they caused (we saw the piles every time we went to their flat) just caused me so much anxiety for the environment x__x

I would honestly say it’s a personal preference. What one loves, someone else hates.

I’d suggest buying a few different brands so you can try them out and then decide once baby is here. Start stock I’ll and add a different brand each time you shock. It’s amazing how many you go through in the first month alone xx

I used pampers for my first. They were the only ones I liked. All the other ones either leaked or didn’t last as long.

I was hoping to try reusable this time around but with twins I don’t think my washing machine could cope, and I don’t have a dryer or much space to dry inside. So I have no idea what we’ll do this time around.

You should try a few different brands and see what works for you. Everyone is different!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back