What names can't you use/are you not brave enough to use?

I like Jack for a boy but it's overused in our family as it is! :wall:

If Evie was a boy she would have been Micheal after her Grandad but I liked Leonard (Leo) after my great grandad... I got told NO :evil: :evil:

id love to call a daughter toni after an auntie that died but our surname is hawke lol so cant really do it
other then that we are quite brave really thomas was nearly called cobin but the flow of the name wasnt right so thats now his middle name
xx

Family members didn't want us to use Lola because of the kinks song but we did it any way :)

OH liked Edith for a while though but i said no! :shakehead:

I have sooo many names I can't use because of kids I've taught who have been horrendous. :(

Funnily enough my sister in law's name is Kroes (pronounced "kroos"). They seriously thought about calling their first child Thomas (Tom). :shock:

I need to be careful with regards to initials.
For a boy i really want Bobbi Andrew. (Andrew after my uncle that died)
But the surname will be Blackman.
My OH kindly pointed out the initials B. A. Blackman, (Be A Black Man) He reckons the poor kid will be bullied.
Angel is A. Blackman, i think she'll be fine.

I've got a similar problem to daftscotslass - I work in a school (ironically, since most of my work is with kids who don't go to school!), and nearly every name we came up with had negative connotations for me.

Oh this was a source of tension for me and OH. If we have a boy I want to call him Felix, I love the name. OH is scared others will tease him, and say he is called after cat food. We rowed so much about this :(

I really like the name Joshua (Josh) if we had another boy...but...I have a mate also called Karen...she too has a cat called Max...and our babies would then be called the same. Although she would probably go ahead and call a second Daniel if she had a future boy :lol:

my alice's surname is gardner- A GARDNER :rotfl: didn't stop me! to make it worse one of her middle names is rose A Rose Gardner :rotfl: :rotfl: oh im evil :D

I think this one may be named for definate when it is here - we can't seem to think of anything we both love. Im waiting for the 20 week scan and fingers crossed we can tell the sex!!

I really like Dexter but my OH wont let me call our son that (if we ever have a son) because of Dexter Fletcher. I like Dexter Fletcher but he doesn't.

We would of used my little brothers and his little sisters name as our middle name for our child but if it was a boy the Initials would of been R.A.C and a girl would of been I.T.C so that was a no!

beanie said:
Oh this was a source of tension for me and OH. If we have a boy I want to call him Felix, I love the name. OH is scared others will tease him, and say he is called after cat food. We rowed so much about this :(

My friends son is called Felix. He's 18 now and loves his name. And was never really teased about it at school :)

:think: :think: :think:

I love Gideon but doubt we'd ever use it as OH isn't a fan.

Also like Kier and Linus a lot.

Girls names I think.... Adeline. Ooo Greer also. And for some reason Sigrid. Always liked that one.

Mind you if we do try for another baby we have names we like and agree on and none of them are listed above ;)

My uncle kindly pointed out that we should be glad that Becky has OH's surname. If she had mine she would be R.C.S.

"Arses". :evil:

Though he did also point out that my OH's name backwards is tol vomit which was much amusement for me :lol:

For this LO we would have loved to use Araminta as a first name but OH cant stand it being shortened to Arry and I would have hated Minty so we are using for middle name instaead.

I wanted my DS to be called Caleb but couldnt get over it meaning 'son of dog' DH hated it anyway.

I like the name Faith for a girl.... but with a surname Hunter :think:

I have always wanted Rocky if we have another boy but every time I have ever mentioned it people just give me funny looks, I also would have loved to have an Elvis but we named the cat it instead! :roll:

SarahH said:
I like the name Faith for a girl.... but with a surname Hunter :think:

Faith is a great name :)

my OH likes the name Christian for a boy but having Christian and Faith is too much i think!

I love the name Skye, OH hates it
I like the boys name Jack but there are so many out there and it's already in my family.
I like Jamie for a boy, OH likes it for a girl...

SarahH said:
Suzie and Faith said:
I love the name Skye, OH hates it

Skye is a great name.... hehe... Arianna is Arianna-Skye

Yuh i thought that when i wrote the post! he doesn't even know why he doesn't like it! I think i's gorgeous! Arianna is lovely too -unusual but not odd!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back