What is your routine?

futuremum

Reaction score
Hi Girls!!!!

Now that most of us have babies of 2 months old or older, did you manage to get a routine or is it still a bit chaotic? I have a kind of routine which is:

between 6.30/7.30 i wake up, have not got a fixed time and sometimes Tom wakes me up early. Get up, clean the kitchen, living room, boil water, wash and sterelise bottles until 8.20 am. then, wash and dress Tom up ( that is usually his daddy doing this, i have breakfast during that time) then feed, play, and nap until 10.30, then it is hit and miss. Anything can happen until 7.30 pm. We usually go out between 1pm and 5pm but it is not every day and not for that long, sometimes afternoon in. I also try to get the clothes washed and dried but does not always work lol 7.30pm, i wash Tom, put him in his pyjamas, feed him then bed at around 8.30. then cooking for my other half and myself, eat, watch a bit of tv and bed by 10.30 pm feeling shattered :)

what is yours?

During the week:

Wake at 7.30ish, feed Brody (in bed) then get Mason up for school.

8-8.45 Give Mason Breakfast, get his stuff packed for school, then drop him off. I change Brody's nappy before I leave then shove him in a snowsuit.

9.00 Go home, Brody is usually napping so I get some housework done.

12ish Generally go out, shopping, to see friends, my mom etc demand feeding as I go.

3.15 Pick Mason up from school and go home.

3.30 Do more housework, fix dinner, Brody will have a sleep and a feed at some point.

6pm have dinner, read with Mason, give both boys a bath.

7pm Brody in his Jamas, Mason in bed by 7.30

8pm Try to get Brody as full as possible before bed. :)

My routine generally is:

Wake up between 5.30am and 6.30am.
Change and feed her.
Let her sit on the bed next to me for a while whilst I get organised.
About 7am get her dressed and bring her downstairs.
Plonk her on the sofa while I feed the dog etc.
Then she'll normally go down for a 20min nap.
Wake up and have no nappy time.
Then a bottle.(about 8.30am)
Play time on the sofa with Mummy (interaction hour).
20min nap.
Time in bouncy chair while I try and do housework!!
Nappy Change.
Bottle. (11.30am)
Then either go out for walk or somewhere in the car. Normally has a bath at this time if we don't go anywhere.
20min Nap.
Bottle (2.30pm)
Then I try no nappy time again or bouncy chair again. Sometimes it works, other times she just whinges so I normally jig her to music or something similar.
20min nap
Daddy comes home and plays with her for a bit.
At 5.30pm Daddy takes her upstairs, changes her nappy, puts PJ's on and gives her a bottle.
6.15pm normally in bed asleep.
Sometimes wakes at about 2.30am for a bottle.
Then we are back to the start!!

Sounds soooo boring when you write it down!! But she seems to enjoy her days :lol:

Sometimes I swap the interaction time and the Bouncy Chair time. How Exciting!!! :wink: :think:

When you get them in bed for 8-9pm, do they wake in the night for a feed??

My routine

7.30am Jack wakes up for a feed,

7.45am, Jack is back asleep, so i make the most of it and get some more kip til Amy gets up at 8.30am

8.30am get up, makes a couple of bottles for throughout the day, give Amy breakfast and myself breakfast.

9.30am Get the jobs done that need doing I.e washing, hoovering, general cleaning

11.00am Get both of the children dressed, Then playtime with Amy (Jack usually naps)

12.30pm Dinner time

1.00pm Go out, even if it is just to my mum's or to feed the horses up the road.

4.00pm Play time for both then start preparing tea at 5ish

6-8pm Tea, bath (for both), story and bed (for Amy)

8-9.30pm Jack's playtime

9.30 wash and sterilise Jacks bottles and make some up fo following morning.
Jacks feed (fill as much as possible)

10pm Bedtime til the following morning- Jack sleeps right through.

I want to try and get him in bed for around 8-8.30pm to start a constant routine, but i don't want him to start waking in the night for food. He is really grumpy if he doesn't get his sleep.

Jack has feeds very 3 hours throuout the day, and i change him then as well, unless needed earlier

Oh I feel a bit pants now, mine is

8am laugh at Seren in bed, she's always grinning her little head off. We also play and she will chatter away to me

8.30am Get up, have brekkie, get dressed, feed dog etc

7pm - Seren has bath, book, boob and bed

In between anything goes, we go out, play, sleep, feed lots. How do you get your babies to sleep at certain times?

Phoebe chose her bedtime. I started taking her up for 9pm when she was 6weeks old and just staying with her until she went to sleep and gradually she was getting tired earlier and earlier (can tell her tired cry). Now she has had enough by about 5.30pm so we don't encourage her to stay up or she'll get over tired so we put her to bed then. Just means she is ready and raring to go at 5.30am (*yawn*)

i am not a very good morning person so if i can get up later i will, hense the reason i go back to sleep after feeding Jack and getting up when Amy does.

I have to sort Amy out and get her to bed before i even think about sorting Jack for bed. :roll:

beanie said:
Oh I feel a bit pants now, mine is

8am laugh at Seren in bed, she's always grinning her little head off. We also play and she will chatter away to me

8.30am Get up, have brekkie, get dressed, feed dog etc

7pm - Seren has bath, book, boob and bed

In between anything goes, we go out, play, sleep, feed lots. How do you get your babies to sleep at certain times?

LOL did you read mine? Mine is all about what I do and mentions Brody about 3 times. :oops:

My daily routine isn't about Jack much.

When you have 2 you can't just focus on one child as you have house work etc to do as well.

I must admit i do wonder why i found it hard with 1!!! Lol
I think it was just an excuse to get out of chores!! ( "I can't get much done with Amy around") Now i know what it means!! Lol

6am Rubie wakes and comes into my bed

8am we both get up. I make bottles and wash up while she sits in her bouncer chair.

8:30am Rubie has a bottle and I change her and get her dressed.

9am Rubie has a 4 hour sleep whileI do housework, have a shower and come on here

1pm Rubie has another bottle, then playtime. OH usually get home around now and will spend some time with her.

5:30pm Another bottle, follwed by 2 - 3 hours of crying (colic). At one point before 8:30, when shes calm enough, I bath her and get her undressed and into her jimmies.

8:30pm More milk then she goes to sleep for the night downstairs in her chair. She will sometimes wake between 10 & midnight for a feed and sometimes will go through to 2am or 3am.

I take her up with me when I go to bed and she sleeps in my room in her moses basket.

Sometimes this changes as Rubie will change her feeding times a lot.

And its also different if we go out.

Looking at everyone elses day I feel lucky that Rubie sleeps for 4 hours over lunchtime, I dont know how I'd get anything done if she didn't!!

Kim said:
9am Rubie has a 4 hour sleep whileI do housework, have a shower and come on here

Oh.My.God.

Do you realised how lucky you are??
If he's at home Brody will sleep for 20 mins at a time max.

I'm so jealous!

She always goes 4 hours, sometimes more - yesterday she went 6!! :shock:

Kim u so lucky!! Reece just has little half hour power naps here and there.

urchin said:
LOL did you read mine? Mine is all about what I do and mentions Brody about 3 times. :oops:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

4.30 / 5am - getting up time for me and Alex. Alex will go in his bouncy chair whilst I run around doing as much housework as possible. If I'm knackered, he'll come in our bed and shout at us for an hour
6am - bottle time and caffeine fix followed by playtime
7am - getting up time for the rest
7am - 8.30am - utter chaos until Stuart does the school run
9.30am - Stuart does Alex's bottle whilst I get showered / dressed / more caffiene
10am - i disappear into office
1pm - Stuart does another bottle
2pm - i reappear from office
2.30pm - school run
3.30pm - charlottes homework
4pm - callums homework, bottle for Alex
4.30pm - Alex's grumpy time starts. Stuart has him while I get tea ready / do bottles and more housework. I have him when everybody else eats
6pm - bath for Alex
7pm - bottle / bed for Alex, bath for Charlotte
7.30pm - bed for Charlotte, bath for Callum
8pm - bed for Callum, time with Daniel
9.30pm - bed for Daniel, time for me and Stuart, something to eat for me
11.30pm - bed for me
2 or 3am ish - bottle for Alex

Alex doesn't nap, he has power space outs. He likes to be busy so there's always one of us keeping him occupied. If I've got work deadlines, I'll also try to squeeze in an extra few hours as and when - usually in the middle of the night. We've got computers set up in every room so I can work (or sneak on here :D ) whenever and wherever. One of the kids is at some club or other most nights (Stuart takes them and picks them up). Saturday morning is town or playing out, Saturday afternoon is family time, Sunday is visiting day if we can be bothered. And yes - we're completely insane :moon:

Ok, ours is kind of based on Gina Ford's 3-4 month routine

6-7am Mel wakes and if it's before 7am I go into him (he's sleeping in the next room) and generally take him into the sofa bed with me until 7am
7-7.30am feed
7.30-9am I sit him in his car seat for a bit to help the feed go down and have my breakfast in front of him- sometimes I give him a spoon to wave and a cup to hold. Then we go downstairs and I do the feeds for the day and the washing up and I check the forum
9am My OH gets up about now (!) and so I take Mel into him and I get dressed while OH dangles him around and give him some tummy time.
9.30-10am Mel has about 30mins-45 mins morning kip as I carry on getting up and put washing on etc
10am-11am I watch Holby City on UK Gold and Mel has a kick about on his play gym!
11-11.30 feed
11.30-2.15 during this time he has a max of 2 1/5 hours nap. Usually it's less than that, probably about an hour and a half. I go out at this time and if he wakes he's usually happy to just sit in his buggy until he falls asleep again. One day a week we meet up with a friend from ante-natal and have lunch then go back to hers for the afternoon so the babies can gurgle at each other, one day I'll walk into the library in town and the others I try and think of reasons to get out! Usually shopping!
2.15 feed
2.30-4.30 he has another kick about on his play gym, we'll read some stories too
4.30-5pm during this time he has a 15 min nap
5pm I start the winding down to bedtime routine. I have him on my lap for a long cuddle
5.30pm we go upstairs to his bedroom and we lie on the floor on a play mat and read more books and I play at rolling him over etc. Sometimes he has a nudey kick about while I run the bath and get his clothes ready etc
6pm bath
6.15 feed
6.30-7pm sit him in his car seat while I clear up the room and potter about
7pm put him in his cot
7.30 he's generally asleep by now but there's a danger zone up to about 9pm where he sometimes wakes and cries and we have to go in and settle him! I cook and OH is on Mel duty, we generall eat about 8-8.30pm
9-11pm I sometimes get ready for bed and have a small kip if I'm very tired or have had an bad night before!
11pm dream feed (I try not to wake him and am trying to decrease this feed as we get closer to weaning time)
11.30-6-7am we all sleep! (fingers crossed!)

My OH works from home I might add- that's why he gets up so late!

Don't really have a daytime routine.

Ella wakes about 7-7.30am. Has a feed and I express other boobie at same time.
Change nappy and get her dressed for the day.
Sit her in her doughnut thing and she'll play with her toys (bash the hell out of them or try and eat them) and we have playtime.
She normally falls asleep and has another feed around 11am
Then anything can happen, we can go out or she'll feed/play/change/sleep. Daytimes are pretty relaxed, I tend to demand feed every couple of hours.

Nighttimes are when the routine comes in. She'll feed between 5-6.30pm. Have a bath at 7-7.30pm. Has her expressed milk when she's dried and changed, which normally takes her an hour to drink (she's bloody slow!) and she goes in her cot anytime between 8.45pm and 9.15pm. I go in and give her a dream feed at about 10.30pm and then she'll sleep until about 7am.

sorry, Maheen is only one month, but it's quite interesting to read what you are doing with your little ones.
Sorry if I sound stupid, but can I ask you what do you mean by book time? I mean, is it a book with educational activities, things to touch, make sounds, etc...or are you actually reading stories to your LO?

Also, when you say play time, what do you actually do with them?
Just interested :wink:

with Maheen, I have been obsessed with a feeding routine, but what comes between feeds is not set up at all. I know she is still quite young, but should I start organising activities between feeds?
At the moment, she feeds every 4 hours, starting at 5:30 am, then 9:30, then 13:30, then 17:30, 21:30 and 01:30. and all over again.

she does sleep quite well at night now, not very well, between 5:30 and 9:30, and only naps for 1h max during the day...she goes on and off, if you see what I mean. were your LO like this as well at her age? not sleeping mre during day time?
Having said that, she slept 3 hours in a go yesterday, but because I swaddled her...which i usually do at night only!

Just wanted to say that you are all doing great, esp those with other kids...gosh, I am full of admiration! :clap: :clap: :clap:

mel xx

Also, when you say play time, what do you actually do with them?

Normally I put Ella in her doughnut ring thing and prop her up with my nursing cushion so she's nice and comfy. She loves trying to sit properly now :lol: And I talk to her and 'play' with various toys and rattles, encouraging her to grab them etc.

Bloomin; heck you lot are organised!

Mine and Damien's routine.

Wake up somewhere between 2am and 6am to come inot bed with me as he won't stay in his cot

Get up anywhere between 7am and 9am depending when he starts to cry for a bottle

Between getting up and going to bed anything can happen and normally I'm late evrywhere (ask BubbleOne!) because I go to walk out the door and Damien pukes/poo's/I fogot to make more bottles etc
Spend some time on the net and sometimes trying to do housework, although Damien demands me alot.

Bedtime is now about 7pm (last 2 nights it has been) and it's bed even if awake. He'll get up about 10/11pm for another bottle though before it starts again.

Not exactly a routine eh :roll: :lol:

Forgot to say I play with Damien too, but it's normally short bursts, he is still a restless/sleepy baby

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back