What is wrong with me? :(

Reaction score
Hi girls (and any guys),

I'm new to forums and TTC so please bare with me if I'm rubbish at this! But basically I'm feeling really confused. My cycles are normally quite long at 33-35 days. This is normal for me. I also tend to ovulate quite early in my cycles roughly peaking around day 9 (!). But that's normally for me too. What I'm having trouble with at the moment is that I am not due my period until August the 28th but since the 14th I have experienced spotting that started off light brown and has now progressed to what seem to be a light period. The blood is bright red but without clots and isn't consistent like a regular flow but is still enough to need a panty liner. I also seem to have stretchy egg white discharge with the blood. Other things are that although my period seems to have startes early, my boobs still feel tender at the sides and feel heavier which normally goes away once AF has arrived. I'm not having any cramps with this "period" but I have been feeling nauseous and dizzier and also getting a lot of headaches. I'm just wondering if what I'm experiencing could be implantation bleeding? It's lasted for 6 days (including today) now and I have never had an early period of breakthrough bleeding before. Also normally my periods last for about 4 days and then 3 days of brown blood. I'm worried something is wrong with me. Has anyone else experienced a light early period but then got a bfp? Thank you.

Wondering if it might be implantation bleeding? I dont know if that fits with it. I too have long cycles similar to yours and at the moment I am also experiencing EWCM with this 'bleed' that started last night/this morning. The only difference is I am having lots of cramps and backache

Hopefully someone will be a bit more use than I have been to you but at least you know you are not on your own with it

Thank you Sparklegirl, it does make me feel a lot less crazy to know I'm not alone. I forgot to mention but I have also been having back pain, and no cramps but twinges that seem to be only on one side of my womb :) hope we both solve this mystery! x

I'm not sure about your bleeding, it could be early pregnancy bleeding but it could be something else too. Either way I think it would be an idea to see your GP as your luteal phase is very long, a normal one would be 10-16 days with most ladies being around 14, yours is 24-26 days and that is quite a long way out of the range. Hope you can get some answers it can be so frustrating can't it.

Thank you Sparklegirl, it does make me feel a lot less crazy to know I'm not alone. I forgot to mention but I have also been having back pain, and no cramps but twinges that seem to be only on one side of my womb :) hope we both solve this mystery! x

Yeah it helps knowing others are going through the same xx

You can tell I'm all over the place, I mean I ovulated day 14 of my cycle! It was the 9th of August (where I got the 9 from). But that's still a luteal phase of about 20 days which is out f norm. I will definitely head to the doctors on Monday either way. Thank you :) it's a pain in the bum x

20 days is long but doesn't sound as mad as before! Do you confirm ov by temping at all? I wonder if you may ovulate slightly later than you think?

I haven't been temping but I think I might start doing so just to be sure for certain! :) I have been charting through cm and cervical position. As an update, since last night the bleeding has completely stopped now. Not even trailing off in to old blood like my period does, it's just stopped! Still feeling all the other symptoms though. I don't know if I should test again or whether it's still too early. Marching myself to the doctors tomorrow though! x

Just as a random note of interest I get my EWCM a week before I ovulate, so if you are basing it on that you could ov later than you think. I can't reach my cervix so I have no idea what mine is doing! I find temping reassuring that things are happening!

Thank you snowbee, ah that's really helpful to know that. Temping defo seems like the best plan to get a hang of my cycles better :) I took another test today at 12dpo with the blood having stopped and still bfp so I think I'm counting myself out this month as it being a strange light early period!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back