What is/was your baby doing at 10weeks old?

Jayceesmumma

Reaction score
Lilyanna is 10 and a half weeks now and all she does is sleep like a newborn.. Im not complaining don't get me wrong but shouldn't she be doing more? I feed her and put her in her chair and she sleeps.. Wakes every four hours to feed then sleeps.. Plus goes 12hrs in the night.. She's more awake these past couple of days but no longer than 15mins at a time.. At 12w I remember Ellie rolled over for the first time.. We was in Lanzarote visiting my dad that's how I remember her age.. I've got a little play mat for her so I was thinking of putting her on that in the day but a part of me worries that will make her restless.. The more sleep they get the more they want I don't want her to stop sleeping thru the night..
What are/was your ten week old doing??

Think I've mentioned before I have the opposite problem....Jack doesn't sleep during the day and its a real struggle to make him sleep!! Night times are ok except last night when he woke every few hours!! At 10 weeks he was pretty much the same as now...if I take him for a walk in the pram, he stays awake for at least 20 minutes looking around being nosey until he finally falls asleep, usually wakes up as soon as I get home or stop moving - same with the car!!
He spends lots of time on his play mat loves it, constantly arms and legs flying everywhere, sits in his swing watching tv (lol, think he just likes the light)...I guess I'f hes not doing any of the above he is feeding lol!!!

How is Lilyanna's weight now? Is she gaining ok? xx

Last edited:
Sophia sounds just like Jack! She doesn't seem to nap much in the day at all but sleeps well at night so that's no bad thing. I struggle to do anything during the day though!
My eldest used to be a sleeper, feed, sleep, feed, sleep! Was great as I could get all my housework done but Sophia is good when awake playing on her playmat and mesmerised by the lights from the tv whilst sat in her swing or on her changing mat. She loves tummy time too and is close to rolling over :)

She was 10.2lb two weeks ago and I'm gonna get her weighed again Wednesday to check its ok.. Hvs said its ok coz it's going up not down but dropping in the centiles.. I'll post a pic..
Both my girls were bottle fed and stayed bang on the 50th line throughout..
When she's awake she's very happy I made her laugh again tonight I love it!!
Wow nearly rolling over that's brilliant!!
Must be hard work with him being awake all day and most the night :(

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327273374.119786.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327273374.119786.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 7
Ella is coming up to 10 weeks and is awake for the majority of the day unless i go out in the car - that sends her straight to sleep! she is usually awake between feeds (feeding 3 hourly) and is awake up until midnightish... she will have little 10 min power naps throughout the day but nowhere near long enough to be able to get much done!! development wise she has just started to try and reach out to things and grab them... my hair, the toys on her playmat etc and she has recently started smiling ive had about 3 chuckles from her too...

i wish ella would sleep more in the day but i just cant seem to get her settled... i try and leave her alone as much as possible throughout the day though, on her play mat or in her swing or bouncer and she seems happy enough alone for about 30 mins max then she gets bored and wants attention.... sorry rambling now!

G spends quite a lot of time awake... We play with toys, talk or 'read' books :)

What will she do if you show her a book while she is awake? Will she still fall asleep? I mean it's great that she sleeps so well, but maybe sometimes she sleeps because she is bored? I tend to sleep if I have nothing else to do, I guess it might work the same way with babies :)

Jax is pretty much the same as Jack. Awake pretty much all day from 6/7am till 6/7pm when he goes to bed, only catching cat naps of 20-40mins here and there. Most of the day I spend talking//playing with him or he is in his swing or under his baby gym playing. He is very aware.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

I've thought she may be bored.. I don't want to over stimulate her incase she doesn't sleep at all and becomes restless.. She grabs my necklace when I hold her on my chest and touches the girls faces when they say hello to her..
Maybe I'll designate a time in the day for her playmat.. Wouldn't want to wake her for it so I'll try and do it when she's awake.. She's been awake in her chair now since 4 but starting to winge a bit.. She's grabbing hold of her blanket well enough and smiles at everyone and I've had a few giggles out of her.. She's mainly awake a short while from 4-5 then again from 7-8.. She's been asleep all day today just waking for feeds at 10 and 2.. Chewing her hand well!!

She sounds content to me honey, some babies just sleep more than others. Grace slept loads whereas Sophia is awake all the time! It's mad how different they are in certain ways, sounds like that's a normal pattern for her as she seems to be coming on a treat :)

Kynon is another very awake baby, I have the opposite problem! apart from his first few weeks when he was still prem and jaundiced he's awake more than sleeps! He's always liked looking at his baby gym and now he hits it and giggles. His arms and legs are always moving. He's still not rolled over though but is getting really strong. He babbles away to me and is starting to get tiicklish! His adjusted age is 12 weeks and I think he's about right with that age for development from what ive read, hes not really doing much a 16 week baby would be! We just got him one of those jumperoos today he loves it!

Ellie had the jungle bouncer thing and she loved it! Gonna get the same for lily when she's older as they've made it smaller!! Whoop! Lol!
Put her on her playmat on her back and she watched tv lol.. turned her round and she still watched tv! Put her on her tummy and she was fine for about ten mins! Usually they scream after a min for the first time! She ended up falling asleep on it so I've just covered her with her blanket and let her be!

:D

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327348473.879475.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327348473.879475.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 4
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327348499.137554.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327348499.137554.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 2
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327348516.998221.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327348516.998221.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 2
Thanks Laura :) I think she's just a lazy moo like her dad! I don't want to force her to be awake if she really doesn't want to be.. Defo gonna keep trying the play mat when she's awake though.. Gonna get her one with an arch so she stops watching tv lol! She loves got to dance I watch it every day while the kids are at school lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back