what is this brown stuff???????

amyknight88

Reaction score
last night i woke up at 2:30am and noticed very bright red blood in my pants, i woke up my mum and she said to go back to sleep because i werent getting no pains and we would see how it was by the morning. i woke up again at 4:50am and my pants were FULL of a browny/red gooey liquid. i rang up nhs direct and they said as longas the blood werent bright red and i werent having any pains, but ive just been to the loo and its there again (after stopping all day) but its really red again but still not hurting??

has anyone else had this? please im so worried now mum thinks its nothing because of what the nhs said. should i go in or not?

I panic a lot so if I was you I would ring your midwife or ring the labour word at your local hospital. When I was pg with my first child I had really bad pains but no blood I rang them and they told me to come in so they could examine me and I was fine. Best to go to put mind at rest I think!!

phone your midwife hun and see what she says but if i was you id be at my local a&e by now demanding a check up no matter what anyone says find out for sure all the best and take care xxxxxx

Yes, I'd go to a&e and check it out. It's probably nothing but it's nice to know for sure.

I did, i went into hospital at 3:40 this morning because it happened again. they couldnt find what was wrong or why it was happening but baby is fine, how can they not know???? they kept me in until midday today and it didnt happen the whole time i was there - typical!! Well im not about to go into preterm labour and my placenta if fine and babys heartrates gd and so are my hcg levels so im not too worried anymore. Thanks for your help Freya, Rach and Louise. Amy X

Amyknight88- If it happens and you need to go again, I would suggest you save a sample of either the toilet paper or your panties. I know it sounds gross but if you have a sample of it they maybe able to tell what would make that kind of bleeding happen just by looking at it. It always happens that way when something isn't going right it always stops when you see the docs then they think you are nuts because what you said was happening is no longer happening!! :? So I would suggest next time save something so you can show them exactly what was happening.

Good Luck!

xoxo Ree

Hiya hun

I started bleeding bright red blood last wkend but had no pains. Went straight to the hospital and had internal and dr listened to babys heartbeat then an emergency scan a few days later. Baby was fine but they couldnt tell me what caused the bleeding. The suggestions they had was a cyst on my cervix, an implantation bleed or it could of been where I was due on my period around that time. My placenta is also where it should be. The bleeding eventually calmed down and Im left with a brown discharge now which is normal after a bleed. The dr said that if I start bleeding again Im to go back but they didnt seem to concerned as they heard babys heartbeat.

Brilliant news Amy - you definitely did the right thing. Good advice from Ree!

nice one amy am well pleased all is ok try not to worry too much and if it happens again do what ree says and take a sample with you all the best for the rest of your pregnancy xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back