what is the best way to predict your ovulation?

hayley

Reaction score
Hi

Since coming off the BC my AF has been between 30, 29, 26 and 25 days apart. I've only had 4 months without BC so I understand my AF is going to be a bit mixed up. The problem is knowing when i'm O???? I've tried one OPK but still couldn't find my O! :cry: I've ordered a few more Kits from the internet to try again. But i've read on another post that OPK don't really work and that everyones O period can differ from a week after AF till a week before your next AF. Going by these dates i'll never get out of bed! I don't understand the temperature method.

If anyone has used OPK and found it usefull please let me know or am I wasting my time? should I try to understand BBT?

Cheers

hey hayley,
I agree with you regarding the accuracy of ovulation tests and so on, some people look out for a creamy discharge around the time of ovulation.
I suggest that after every period (regardless of their messed up timimg at the moment) calculate 14 days after the first day that ur period begins, then that is the ovulation day. It is recommended that u try on that day and the few days leading up to it (as sperm can live inside for up to 5 days) then on ovulation day itself and the day after ( as ur still fertile for 24 hrs too ! )
That is the best way to go about it and it is the most accurate, ovulation is always 2 weeks after ur period begins, in the middle of ur cycle, so it is far easier to calculate that then keeping track of different cycle lengths, etc. so u cant go wrong...........
Thats what im doing at the moment and im in the same postition as u i came off the pill recently which has messed up my cycle, so keep me posted......
sending baby dust ur way*****************
chandan

Hi Chandan

Thanks for the reply.. i'll give the 14 day method a try... good luck back to you...and a bit of dust**************

Keep me up dated - my next period is due 4th March fingers crossed it doesn't happen.

Hayley

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back