what is "sleeping through"?

melhoney

Reaction score
Could you tell me what "sleeping through" means? I mean, from what time to what time, and when did your little ones achieve that?

Maheen takes a feed at 21:30 and next one is now at 02:30 and next one at 6:30. I would like her to skip the middle feed, but am not sure if it's feasable! :think:

Thanks,
Mel xx

once that 2.30am feeds gone ild class it as sleeping through or about 11pm till 6am ild class that as sleeping through too, think every one has a different view thou

sleeping through = 5 to 6 hours solid sleep

Dont worry too much about that middle feed if she doesn't wake for it dont wake her Abi started sleeping through from 11pm until 10.30am at 10 weeks but she was 5 weeks prem so really she was only 5 weeks (corrected age) admittedly as she's got older she wakes a bit earlier but it's still a good 7 or 8 hours.

wow, I am impressed!! Abi is surely a very good girl! :clap:

Unfortunately, Maheen is FAR from sleeping through, then! She does not forget to wake (us) up :wink:

am being too impatient, as usual! :angel:

Thanks girls,

Mel xx

Coby has just started to sleep through now, he will have his last feed of teh day between 7 and 7.30 and then he will wake up at around 5 or 6 am.

i class that as sleeping through, but im still hoping when he goes on soilds that it will make him sleep that extra couple of hours untill 7 or 8 o clock lol

Ella has her last bottle at 8 and is asleep for 8.30pm, then she wakes at 7am for a feed. She used to wake at 4am then 7am for a feed but she dropped the 4am feed by herself she just stopped waking up for it, this will happen eventually hun

mel,
I think 1 month is a wee bit early to be dropping the middle feed, i think in a few weeks she will just drop it herself,

thanks girls,

it's just me being impatient :roll:

There is hope, then...I just can't wait for it to happen...NEED TO SLEEP!!!! :lol:

mel xx

Damien still wakes in the middle of the night half the time (although not always to be fed). Babies aren't actually expected to sleep through until at least 4 months when they start to be weaned - you'll get there I promise! She'll guide you.

xx

Not sureif you do it all ready but if you dont start doing it now is putting baby down awake that way if they do wake in the night and it's not through hunger they will et themselves back off to sleep without waking you :)

Hi

Samuel is nine weeks old now and during the past 11 days he has slept through about eight times. :dance: :dance:

He sleeps from roughly 11pm to 6:45am. (on average)

But he is a very unusual baby. He slept like a log when I was pregnant during the night, which is wierd apparently. Most babies need to learn the difference between night and day but Sam accidentally knew it already.

I have just been very very fortunate, which is good because I have absolutely no patience during the night. :roll:

Damien slept from 7pm, had a bottle at 10:30pm (dream feed ish) and then slept through till 7am!! Success!!!!!!!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: My god I love sleep!! Have lack of patience at 3am too :lol:

Ella went down at 8.45pm after taking 11oz of expressed milk easily :shock: then slept til 7.15am. The past few mornings its been 8am before she's been up, but hell, I'm happy with what she's been doing!

She doesn't seem very well at the moment, been clingy and crying a lot :(

Matthew has his last bottle by eight then sometimes I can be up at 2 or 3 but the other day I didnt hear a peep until 5.45 which was nice but as he goes straight back to sleep after his feed its fine

God your all so lucky.... I must be doing something wrong !

Aimee has a last feed (dream feed) at 10.30-11pm in the hope she'll go through then wakes between 2am (on a bad day) and 4 am (on a good)and again at 6.30 which is when she's ready to get up ! :doh:

I am shattered now, especially as we have now moved her into her own room so I am up and down the stairs, then I cant get back to sleep :wall:

Dreading going back to work if she stays the same!

Well Ashtyn hasnt established a night routine yet but generally he wakes around 2 then 5 he did sleep 9 hours one night when he was about 2 and a half weeks old!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back