What is going on? Some help please!

hannan

Reaction score
Ever since coming off the pill about 6 months ago, my cycles have been 28, 24, 24, 24, 25 and 27 days. This month I still have not got my AF and it is day 31.
I tested with 'Predictor' on day 28 and it was negative, then today I tested with 'Clearblue' and it came up positive almost straight away! I couldn't believe it! :)
I couldn't believe it so much that I went and bought another test, 'First Response' this time and the result was negative! :cry: What is going on? Can anyone advise please? The only symptoms I have are sore boobs, and they've been sore for more than a week now. I also have white / creamy CM.

Different types of tester test different levels of the relevant hormone. I only did one test - 'fraid I can't remember which one - as it's v. rare to get a false positive, but quite common to get a false negative. So it sounds to me like you've caught.

Congratulations!

If you got a positive on one test then you have your BFP!!

I had a similar experience as well, I used the early detection tests and that picked up a positive, I then used the predictor tests and they gave me a BFN. Used the clearblue early detector tests and it came up positive straight away.

I guess if you're testing before or about the time your AF is due, that's why you'll get positives on some tests and negatives on others because they detect differing levels of hormones.

Congratulations!!!

You'll end up doing lots of tests I'm sure but I think we all do that because you just can't believe it when you see it.

Thanks Bagpuss! It was a bit disheartening to see a negative just an hour after I'd had a positive and I'm still a bit unsure. I have made an appt with the Doctor on Tuesday, so will try and not get my hopes up too much until then!
Take care
xxx

Hi Hannan,

Certaintly looks like a big congrats is in order.
I tested with a strip test off ebay on the day my AF was due and got a very faint line, I then did 2 clearblue tests & they both had faint lines on, then the next day did 2 Predictor tests that were negative so I went out and bought clearblue digital and it said 'pregnant' & I definately am!
So it really does look like you're going to be a mummy :D :D :D

Nicki.xx :D

Congratulations Hannan - that's a positive!

I tried the Predictor tests 4 times and kept getting negatives. I then bought a really cheap test (think it was £3.00) from the local chemist and got a positive. Some of the cheaper tests are more sensitive.

Sounds like congratulations are in order :D Good luck at the docs. xx

Thanks for all the positive replies - I shall keep you all posted! I have also been charting and my temps are still high :) but I'm so worried that I might wake up and they'll have dropped!

good luck hannan it sounds like a positive to me :D
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I know exactly what you mean with the charting, I stopped once I got 19 high temps because I couldn't bear to see a drop in temps.

Congratulations again!!

Get yourself a new ticker!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back