What increases milk supply..

Discussion in 'Feeding & Nutrition' started by zebrastripes, Dec 30, 2007.

1. zebrastripes

zebrastripes Well-Known Member

apart from the obvious,the more baby takes the more milk will be produced? I don't want to run out when I'm back at school and wondered if there's something you can take to increase supply....I thought I heard of some herbal tablet :think: but i could be talking rubbish

2. MissThing

MissThing Well-Known Member

There is Fenugreek. Its a herbal supplement for bf mums. There are also breasfeeding teas :) U can get Fenugreek in your local health food shop :hug:

3. OopsyDaisy

OopsyDaisy Well-Known Member

Someone told me papaya

4. trixipaws

trixipaws Well-Known Member

i think the herb ur on about is probably fenugreek, i heard that too.
    i think the main thing is the more u use ur boobs the more milk they make, so if u cant feed willow coz ur at school or wherever perhaps u can express? someone on here told me employers by law hav to give nursing mothers time off to express, in a suitable environment (not the toilets!) im sure it must be the same for schools and colleges. i think it was xena who told me that, ill try to find the thread but idk if i can remember where it was :doh: