what if?

kellyh

Reaction score
Hi... Just to prepare myself, i'll ask the what if question.

What if tomorrow when i have my HCG levels re taken, it goes back up? its been rising very slowly, i had surgery for suspected eptoic and now they have dropped)

I know the doctors will want me to take the medication to dissolve it all (which i dont like the sound of anyway).

Could i still be miscarrying? im clear of an eptopic as i had surgery and found nothing on Fri..

Im not saying it will go up, but just what if??? It would just top me off it think...hehe! should i get positive?

xxx Im sounding like a looney now arent i?

Heya,

I'm not sure of the answer, it all seems very confusing - I had a similar situation in 2000 when I was diagnosed with possible miscarriage and then an ectopic when they couldn't find a uterine sac but there was a positive test and bleeding and obviously strange HCG levels which I didn't understand at the time......there was no surgery and in the end I was sent home with a "tubal abortion" diagnosis - but I'll never really know!

I guess the point is that diagnosis and the difference between miscarriage and ectopic can be tricky to pinpoint - and doctors never really know how much of a fighter your little bean is so there's always a chance things could work for you :hug:

Thank you so much for your time and encouraging words.

Im still holding on to any little bit of hope. I really should start facing up to the fact that it will probably happen. Whats worse is that i still havent been able to see my little on on a scan as my levels are too low to show it and im 8 weeks today :-(

my emotions, like everyone that goes through this im sure....are all over the place. My husband is really trying to keep me together. i feel so bad that he's having to put up with me like this. Nothing i do or think is making me feel any better right now.

thanks again xxx

its only natural to cling to hope...i certainly did for the 4 days before i lost when i was spotting.
Have you tried another pregnancy test at home to see if the line i lighter or darker? I know it isnt a realy good way of determining much but it may give an answer?
hope your ok xx

i did one yesterday and it was lighter than the one i did the week before.
Im not bleeding at all at the moment, which is obviously a good sign, but i did bleed at 5weeks then for about an hour last sun. (but levels went up after both of those bleeds)

who knows.. im really hoping they go up again tomorrow.xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back