what ice cream can i eat?

noofy

Reaction score
I was given a pregnancy book which states that pregnant women should avoid whippy and 'soft' ice creams.
I was wondering what counts as 'soft' ice cream?

they mean stuff like the cones from an ice cream van and mc flurrys basically that kind of stuff. tho ive had a mcflurry while pg. its just cos of the risk of listeria from the machines not being cleaned properly.

So soft scoop ice cream from a supermarket is likely to be safe?

oh dear - i didnt know this, ive had loads of all types of ice cream :-s

Ice cream from shops in tubs us fine. Just avoid the ice cream van!!

woudnt worry too much hun, this is my 3rd pregnancy and i have eaten ice cream with all 3 its only been this time around that i hear people are told to avoid certain ice cream.....i dont eat from ice cream van anyways, but i eat mcflurrys and all other sorts of ice cream from supermarket and its never hurt me or any of my kids

i was only ever told to avoid ice cream abroad in my 2nd pregnancy as its more likey to be made from goats milk abroad rather than cows which is a no no

im happily eating ice cream as my mw has not told me i cant :dance:xx

what about a mcdonalds milkshake am soo wanting one of these? x

I had ice cream from the ice cream van the other day, ooops!

Ice cream vans are meant to be the worst research has shown numerous vans to have not cleaned the pipes adequately and have traces of e-coli and salmonella. McFlurrys and milkshakes are made with UHT and/or pasteurized milk and are ok. x

oooh good to know i shall be treating myself then xxx

Thanks everyone, devoured half a tub last night!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back