What happened?

Jayyne

Reaction score
In October (the 29th I believe), after experiencing pain and discomfort in my lower abdomen that had been getting worse for about 12 hours, I went to the ER, because by that time I had become weak, nauseous and pale and my husband suspected some sort of internal bleeding.

After giving a urine sample the doctors notified me that I was pregnant. I was a bit shocked because I had just had what I believed to be a normal period less than 2 weeks before (the 18th). Suspecting an ectopic pregnancy they decided to do exploratory laprascopy.

The surgery went well and the doctor informed me afterwards that a luteal cyst had burst open my ovary. The tissue was tested to confirm this. No ectopic pregnancy. She also told me that I had pretty significant endometrial tissue throughout my abdomen and she removed some but did not go into the uterus in case there was a viable embryo implanted.

Right after surgery while still in the hospital they informed me that my hcg levels were in fact decreasing. My question lies in the not knowing when or how I actually lost the baby. Had I already miscarried when I thought I had my period? Did I miscarry due to surgery? Is it possible I wasn't even actually pregnant? I feel like I've coped well and don't dwell on what happened but now and again these questions pop up in my head.

Didnt want to read and run. Sending you all the luck x

I’ve had the same thing happen to me exactly the same. I’m now currently having a miscarriage x I’m so sorry your going though this x

I'm sorry to hear what happened.

It's a tricky situation and I can understand why you need clarity.

If I were you I would contact the hospital and ask for an outpatient appointment to debrief. I think it's important you get your questions answered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back