What happened to slowing down?!!!

fairypants

Reaction score
For the last month or 2 I've had no end of people telling me that girly will slow down for the last few weeks because she's got no room to move as mucb as she has been...
Now as much as she definitely doesn't have as much room as she used to, she hasn't slowed dow at all. She's not even making smaller movements!! I've constantly got her pushing her bum out one side and her knee out the other!! Then just to try and stretch my poor belly even further, she randomly sticks a foot out the top of my bump aswell! It's getting really painful at times now and I'm sure she keeps poking my stomach or something cos when she's moving around like that, I keep feeling really sick n getting the acidy bubbles in my throat!!

Anyone else at 38 + and still getting a lot of big movements?!

Yup!
Your baby isnt apprently spose to slow down at all!
And if u notice any pattern change even after 40wks u have to call hosp asap!

They still should be regular as they were.
I did wonder this but i asked up the hosp hen i spoke to consultant and my MW aswell and they both said the same.
Xx

Yeah. I know it's an old wives tail, but it's so annoying when all these women who have children say "don't worry, it'll slow down soon" trying to make me feel better about the fact that I have a serious fidget in there!! She even freaked hubby out last night - laying in bed watching a film and I was all cuddled up to him and actually comfy for a change, next thing I know he's almost leapt out of bed going "what thr hell was that!?" with a totally terrified look on his face, being as he's so used to her wriggling round I thought for a moment my waters had gone and I hadn't noticed, we looked under the duvet and she's obviously moved round and my bump looked like a bloomin egg or something, she was sticking her bum right out the front but I could feel her feet on either side of my ribs like she was pushing herself down off my ribcage!! Was totally weird as she's not done that before, but all night she's been majorly active and she's still going this morning!!

Noah keeps moving his head from side to side and his shoulder n head pokes out by the top of my bikini line. Painful ir my pelvis and weird to see lolol!!
It huuurts!
An even with him engaging lower and lower his feet still attack my ribs!! Xx

I was concerned last night as baby was going mad as usual but betweem contractions.and it was really sore so I felt I never got a.let up. I even googled.excessive movement but that just scared me!

My girly has been nicknamed Fidget cos she's been really active from the first time I felt her. Everyone refers to her as Fidget too!
As much as I feel her poking around down low, it's always her bum and knees she's pushing out the top. I know she's got a little lower cos bump is starting to get lower, but not a lot and I'm starting to worry that she's still not engaged. She wasn't according to (horrible) MW at last appointment, but I'm hoping she will be by thursday if not before!! Makes me wonder if that's what all the wriggling and pushing is about!!

This is what I was thinking too! It just makes me feel like he's definitely not engaged yet! I'm hoping I'm wrong then listening to you other ladies. It is comforting though I guess as we know they're still ok! Was awake all night last night with pains in my lady parts - does this sound like baby engaging/going further down? I don't remember feeling anything in particular with my first, he was just engaged from pretty early! Xxx

Yeah claire, sounds like hes defo on this way there!
Ive noticed the lower hes go the more aches ill get in my hips and foof!! xx

I'm hoping that's what all that extra hip & lower back pain is about!! Nevermind the feeling like she's trying to poke something out down there, I get some really sharp foof pains at times but sometimes it's just an immense pressure like she's gona fall out!! Just hoping it means she's moving right down and will be here soon!!

I do wonder how his hand hasnt come out my cervix lmfao! Its the only way i can describe the horrible sudden ache/pain.. Like hes pushing his hand against my cervix!!

I got confused over this after being told something similar then being told that they should still move about the same. Turns out when they say 'slow down' they just mean not doing somersaults any more!

HAHA! god i think id need to be knocked out to numb the pain if he was still able to do back flips!
Im pretty sure he tries lol. So painful some of the movements. Its still lovely to feel him move, but im already telling him off for digging into my ribs lolol xx

I think you can definitely feel that they are stronger and their bones are harder, definitely more jabby! I call her jibber-jabber when she starts!

Haha she may nog be doing actual flips anymore but she's constantly turning from side to sids and pushing off my ribs!!
It's enough to make my eyes water at times!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back